Anyone had long hair for the FIRST time after LHCF?

What is your pre- and post-LHCF length?

• I have never been below SL, still waiting

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I was never below SL before, I reached or exceeded SL with LHCF

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • I was longer than SL when I came, got even longer

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I'm longer than SL and am waiting for more growth.

Votes: 17 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never had hair past shoulder length,so LHCF has been a blessing for me.Thank you Ladies.

I have never had long hair per se. My hair was slightly longer than shoulder length when I was a little girl, but never APL. Once I came here and learned to keep my hair moisturized, my hair growth took off, and now I can say I hope to be APL by December =)

My regimen b4 LHCF wasnt HORRIBLE...but the little tweaks I learned on this board have really helped my hair to grow even longer

before lhcf, I have never been sl. In fact I was happy with just getting ear length. After lurking and joining lhcf I has got close to sl then had a major setback. I was allergic to mn and had to shave my head (pretty much). In the last 8mos I went from a very short boy cut to neck length using a routine similar to bootcamp. Thanks to the lades of lhcf to full sl and beyond.

I've never been past APL, I would love to get to MBL however I will settle for BSL.
The most important things I've learned
1. Using natural/organic hair products
2. No grease, natural oils/butters instead
3. Minimize the heat
4. Eat healthy/drink water/exercise
5. Moisturize my hair
6. Deep conditioning/ reconstructuring treatments. I love protein despite the fact it makes my hair alittle hard.
7. Braidouts

I was grazing APL stretched when I got here, I'm now 1cm from BSL stretched(sounds like I'm scurred to claim it!). That's saying something! My hair would always shed out when I'd get 1/2 inch from APL and then get shorter. Relaxers literally ate my hair.

The most important thing I learned here was CO washing and then reading about the water only method. I know I scream about water only all of the time, but it's so true...at least for my hair.

Water only? What is that used for?

AND what has been the MOST import advice you have learned here?

OH MY! I would be way pressed to figure that one out. The information I have received here (especially ayurvedic hair care) is priceless. I guess if I HAD to choose I'd say everything I am learning about ayurvedic hair care; yes, that would be it.

Thanks for asking.

Back