Anyone press their hair?

G

I press my hair after every wash/condtion/dry when I don't have braids in and I was just wondering what does everyone use as a pressing oil or creme? I was trying to find something that really works and keeps your hair from frizzing so soon. Also, what are some of the hair care systems for those that have natural/pressed hair? Do you wash weekly? Please share.

miss_brown

Here's a thread re pressing where some members have posted regimes:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...;o=&fpart=1

Also, try doing a search for "press" because there's tons of info on that in the archives as well.

HTH

G

I didn't get much information from the thread and I did a search but didn't find the info. I was looking for. Does anyone else have suggestions for a good pression oil/creme?

sterry

I do a occasional press on my hair.
Believe it or not I have found the ultimate pressing oil.
Castor oil. This product is a little sticky so don't use to much. It is best to dilute it with avocado oil just slightly.
But my hair is silky. It has a brilliant shine and can last for days.
Before pressing I use my method call "TCP" Two Conditioning Punch.
I first condition hair with Optimum Stay Strong for about 7 mins. Then follow up with John Frieda's Glistening Cream for coarse hair. I believe it's number 3 step in this line. I allow this to stay on for 10 mins.
I thin rinse and apply castor oil mixed with avocado oil or Africa's best castor oil. I also saturate hair with Alberto VO5 Hair Therapy. It is a leave in and heat protectant that leaves my hair silky. Blow dry just slightly and then press.
As stated make sure to apply castor oil lightly. You can even rub hands together briskly so that it can be applied smoothly.
Castor oil makes hair thick and wonderfully soft. I use it for my overnight conditioning oil treatments.
Wonderful Press!

hope2

Lustrasilk Hair Culture solution is great for pressing the hair. I told my hairdresser about it and she began to use it on her customers who get presses. She recently went to a beauty supply and bought all they had. This is an old product but if it done correctly your hair is very silky. Years ago when I had it, the hairdresser who did it was recommended to me by the Lustrasilk company. I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of this relaxer and going back to this. It is applied to freshly washed hair, the hair is dried and then pressed without oil or grease.

SVT

I wash once weekly when I'm wearing my hair flatironed. I prefer avocado oil because it's light. Sometimes I'll use a heavier oil like castor or olive if it's humid outdoors.

jemini

I wash once weekly to give my hair the moisture it needs and I use hot six oil which is a really light but works pretty good and doesn't put weight on your hair, then I wrap my hair up to keep it looking neat. I hear some people spray their hair afterwards to keep it from getting frizzy.

amy1234

keracare curlwax- you only need to use about a dime size amount of it on all of the hair. It protects the hair, makes the hair easier to straighten and helps with the reversion somewhat.