PRESSED HAIR PICS

pet

Hi girls!

I have seen a few posts on pressed hair, and I have decided to post my natural and pressed hair pics. I pressed my hair with a hot comb.... to me the flat iron doesn't get it straight enough and it ends up being too frizzy for my liking. My hair lasts until I wash it (every two weeks). I use CON (old bottle) shampoo and conditioner and Ultra Sheen Satin Creme Press. I also henna every time that I wash, and use Cocasta Shikakai Hair Oil. If I can press my hair, anyone can!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Hair 021.jpg
    Hair 021.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Hair 024.jpg
    Hair 024.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Hair 020.jpg
    Hair 020.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Hair 018.jpg
    Hair 018.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 265

~marti26.

:blush:OMG that is beautiful!! Girl you look like you just stepped out of the salon. Too too pretty.

Last edited:

KEWLKAT103

Looks good!
Do you ever get that burny smell when you press? Whenever I used to press, I could'nt get away from that smell.

poetist

Your hair looks GREAT. I wish I could get my hair that straight without the help of a professional.

eshille

Your hair looks great....really beautiful...:yep:

I pulled out my hot comb yesterday and did my number...they don't press much around here...:grin:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
your hair looks really good

I could never get my natural hair to look like that when pressed. Not even a hot comb worked!!!

pet

My goodness! I stepped away from the board for like 5 minutes....I didn't expect all of these responses so fast!!!...lol

Well, thanks for the compliments ladies!

nubiangoddess - I've always been natural. My hair has been getting pressed since I was 10 (my mom usually does it, and believe me she gets it straighter than I do!!). My mom is tired of doing it, so I thought I would give it a try to see how I'd do. Not bad at all!

Poetist - you can get your hair that straight! Believe me....it took me a while to get up the nerve to do it....because I'm scared of heat and I didn't want to burn my ear off...lol Keep trying....you'll succeed!

KEWLKAT - No I don't get the burnt smell. I think the smell occurs if there's too much grease on the section that your pressing.

Val - The same message that I typed for Poetist goes the same for you! Keep trying....before you know it it will look just as good as if you went to a salon.

For those of you who want directions on how to press hair properly, check out Pinkskates fotki. I hope she doesn't mind me shouting her out!

ctcks

Girl you need to get in here with your own Fotki! I think the board could benefit from more info and pics from pressing- comb straighteners. I'd like to know your technique. If your camera has video capability, maybe you could videotape doing your hair. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Jetblackhair

Wow, your press is awesome. I love the straightness and the shine. My press did not come out so good, it's in my siggy. :ohwell: