Anyone still use heat?

gvsugirl

I was goin on my 3rd month of heat free styling until i went to the salon. There goes my heat free challenge. What I wanted to know was: does anyone still use heat on a regular basis? Last year when my hair was thriving, I remember using heat 1-2 times a week and retained alot of length. More than when I do braidouts

ms_kenesha

Yes, I still use heat when the mood strikes me, but no more than once a week. My hair is still healthy and thick (though uneven, but that's a different thread
)

Allandra

I haven't totally given up using heat on my hair. I mainly use heat for my protein deep conditionings (one week before getting a relaxer touch-up and a few days after a relaxer touch-up). I get roller wraps after every relaxer touch-up (every four months) so I know I won't be giving heat up for good. I love the look of a nice straight wrap, and I have to get a roller wrap to achieve that look. When I air dry my hair, it's very wavy because my hair is not relaxed bone straight.

I still do. I sit under the dryer to dry 80% of my hair, blowdry the rest, then wrap my dry hair under the dryer for 20 minutes. Last, I curl my ends with a curling iron. Sometimes I skip the curling iron.

Cres81

I sill use heat. Usually about once a week. I use it in moderation though and it has not damgaged my hair.

EmeraldSky

I still use heat for my rollersets every weekend, for deep treatments and rarely if I have to flat iron my new growth (only) or such, I have not experienced any adverse results from using heat moderately though I do avoid for months at a time direct heat like curling.

karezone

I use my bonnet dryer on hot for 30 mins then med for 20 and then cool for 20 more and usually my hair is dry by then. I will blowdry if my hair looks like a hot mess and I don't have the time to roller set but other than that I would rather roller set and wrap

myco

I use my flat iron along with a straigthening balm to smooth out my new growth. I also sit under the dryer for rollersets and conditioning treatments. I don't use direct heat from a curling iron/flat-iron on the ends of my hair. By the time they heat up, I've lost the urge.

Ennyaa

I use my bonnet dryer for deep conditioners and hot oil treatments. Other than that I use my ceramic flat iron once a month to straighten my hair. So far my hair is doin ok. Though lately I've been doing my conditioners sans heat just to see how it goes.

henrilou

I get my hair salon wash/press every 2-3 weeks. And do tell the stylist not to press the life out of it. But I don't see any damage from that and I check carefully and pay attention while she's doing it. Also I don't let her 'bump' the ends anymore. It's long enough and even enough to hang straight and I put it in a bun usually after 2 days anyway--so that's just un-needed heat on my ends. I admit that on special occaisons (about once/month-or less, I will break out the curling iron)

mocha105

I still use heat but not excessively. Only when I get a touch-up(every 10 weeks), or a salon wash n set (which is only once every two months). Also when I want my protein conditioner to penetrate I 'll use a hooded dryer.