Anyone still using Cowboy Magic?

guudhair

Yes, that is the correct name. I LOVE that stuff. I usually alternate between it and Chi Silk Infusion. They both do a great job, but Cowboy is cheaper.

P.S. I used Cowboy Magic on my twists/bun in my siggy. My hair normally would never have a shine to it.

Is it used as a prepoo to detangle before washing/cowashing or do I use it last?...I just bought this today...this stuff ain't cheap!!

mariofmagdal

Is it used as a prepoo to detangle before washing/cowashing or do I use it last?...I just bought this today...this stuff ain't cheap!!

I use the Cowboy Magic Rosewater Conditioner- Demineralizer/detangler in the large bottle prior to washing when I feel I have build up from baggying and trying different products.

I use the Cowboy Magic detangler/shine, in the tube, prior to washing when my hair is really matted.

Either way, I let it sit from 45min to an hour, comb through, rinse and go on with my regular wash regimen.

I hope this helps.

tallnomad

I use it after I wash my hair. I use it as a "traditional" detangler to comb out my hair.

It also says that it's considered a deep conditioner, as it "penetrates, restores moisture and strengthens hair."

I usually apply it after my hair is still moist from washing, and I also use it on dry hair when I want some shine and to lay it down a bit. My hair is always moisturized with this.

And per mariofmagdal's post, I also LOVE the conditioner; it makes my hair super soft.

BrooklynSouth

Great detangler and I think it would be a good heat protectant with the cones in it. Have not used it in a while..great reminder.

stelladata

Yes, that's it...it's okay for humans to use it also...I haven't used it yet but it doesn't seem to have a foul odor...kind of smells like a regular hair product to me.

I noticed the ingredients, lots of cones, and seem human friendly
are there any alternate detanglers that work as well as this one does?

Egyptjones

I'm still in lov with it. It is a must for when I flat iron.
I went ahead and snatched up the 32oz vat of it...lol

guudhair

I honestly don't know...I've read reviews about it and wanted to give it a try because it's tangle city in my hair...knots and matting too...I've tried Roux but it's not as good as I would like...I hope this works because I am almost at the point were I may have to BC again.

luckiestdestiny

Hello Ladies,

I'm about 13 weeks post and my tangles/matting problems have just begun.

I have some matting that I have to de-tangle in the back but I've found that patience is the key.

It might take me 3 hours though...:nono:

I remember everyone used to rave about Cowboy Magic but I haven't heard much about it lately?

Is anyone still using it. Please share your stores.

-Thanks so much
I've been keeping my hair braided up pretty much lately and I've been lazy sometimes taking it down. TO prevent matting I use it. I heard about it on a thread and it IS wonderful. It really works.

Mane Event

Yup, just used it this past saturday to take down my 3 month sew-in....Saturated my hair in conditoner then cowboy magic. My cornrows detangled with so much ease...DEFINITELY a keeper!!!!

tallnomad

It's funny, because on the detangler bottle it states: "Not tested on animals." And on the conditioner, it states: "Tested on humans only."

Chi Silk Infusion (specifially for humans) has virtually the same ingredients and works just as well, but it's more expensive.

Cowboy Magic is a staple for me. I even like it better than Aubrey Organics.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

how are you ppl using it when you detangle?
Really if you take a handful and put it on, it's not the technique. Just squeeze some and press it into any tangles, and then I use my fingers, and they usually just unravel on their own. Then after I detangled with my fingers I use my wide tooth comb from ends to root.

stelladata

It's funny, because on the detangler bottle it states: "Not tested on animals." And on the conditioner, it states: "Tested on humans only."

Chi Silk Infusion (specifially for humans) has virtually the same ingredients and works just as well, but it's more expensive.

Cowboy Magic is a staple for me. I even like it better than Aubrey Organics.

LMao!!! :lachen:
Yeah i've seen chi a few times but just passed right over it , i'm definitely not paying that kind of money for a little bottle. I use the Keratin mist every now and again, just to finish up the bottle but I can't say it does anything specific, besides making my hair feel extremely soft before a flatiron... other than that, it has the consistency of water and I am not impressed.

Anyway, I guess I will put cowboy magic on a list of things i'd love to try.

ycj1

I bought some eqyss detangler instead of cowboy magic this time. I want to try something new and I've heard good things about it.
Another product that is very good for detangling is the Avocado Mist! I have both and was pleasantly surprised how well my hair untangled after taking out my braids!

HarySituation

How does this detangler compare to Mane and Tail Detangler that you can get at Sally's? I love that stuff because it melts knots aways and it's only $3 but I need a good heat protectant too.

biancaelyse

I finally bought this and I love it as a detangler!! My youngest has very, very dense and thick 3B hair and this works like a charm on her hair.

belletropjolie

Bump!!!

I want to flat iron my hair...can anyone share their experiences using it as a heat protectant??? I would really appreciate hearing it because I'm a wee bit leery of using it in place of my fantasia IC serum.

TIA!