Anyone still using Redken products??? Do you like or dislike?

beana

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to know if anyone is still using Redken products, if so what are your favorites?

I'm interested in the All Soft shampoo and Conditioner, the Extreme shampoo, deep fuel and anti-snap. Please let me know if you've tried and if you like/dislike any of these.

Thanks!:yep:

I went to a beauty school last week and the girl used all soft shampoo and condish and a leave in (not sure will find out next week) My hair came out very silky and lasted several days...

Redken! Redken! I love Redken! :dance7: My staples from this line are: (1)Redken Extreme AntiSnap - nothing melts away tangles after my washes like this product! (2) Redken Extreme Shampoo - great protein shampoo (3) Redken Extreme Rescue Force -awesome protein/lipids/ceramides deep conditioner! :woot: These three together make up my Wednesday Protein day regimen. My daughter uses the Redken All Soft line...and gosh it works wonders for her hair :yep:

I love Redkin. My favs are:

All soft - whole line
Extreme - whole line
Color Care - deep conditioner
Smooth down - conditioner and the deep conditioner
Glass

I am still trying other stuff by them.

Thanks for your responses!!!!!

My PJism is getting out of control and i decided to purchase the Extreme shampoo and anti-snap only. I have enough conditioner to last me almost two years at this point... :blush:

I used the Redken All Soft Conditioner and I hated it because it left my hair coated; but it was soft. I think if you can get a small size because what doesn't work for one may work for you.

I HEART:love3: REDKEN ! In My Stash I Have

Smooth Down Butter Treat
Extreme Rescue Force
Deep Fuel
Real Control Intense Moisture Renewal
Anti Snap
All Soft Heavy Cream

*all soft was my least fav*

I used the Redken All Soft Conditioner and I hated it because it left my hair coated; but it was soft. I think if you can get a small size because what doesn't work for one may work for you.

Does anyone know where to get redken products in sample or travel size online or in NYC? Thanks!

I can't wait to get paid again so i can get a big tube of the smooth down butter treatment.I've only been able to get the small sample size tube.:grin:

The only Redken product I've tried is the Smooth Down Butter Treat Conditioner. I wouldn't say it was horrible, but for the price I paid, I could have got 2 AO Conditioners that work wonders for my hair. I will not be purchasing it again. :nono:

The only Redken product I've tried is the Smooth Down Butter Treat Conditioner. I wouldn't say it was horrible, but for the price I paid, I could have got 2 AO Conditioners that work wonders for my hair. I will not be purchasing it again. :nono:

Yeah.....Honestly, You Coulda':yep:

I've been using Redken for over two years as a relaxed and recently as a natural and I love them. I use All Soft Heavy Cream (deep conditioner-use it occassionally), Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying treatment (protein treatment/reconstructor-used every 2-3wks) and Redken Fresh Curls Detangler (just started using this in July on my natural hair and it is excellent!). I use the detangler after every wash. I have also used Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat which is very good! I haven't used it on my natural hair yet but it helped keep my hair soft and moist when I was relaxed.

I've been using Redken for over two years as a relaxed and recently as a natural and I love them. I use All Soft Heavy Cream (deep conditioner-use it occassionally), Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying treatment (protein treatment/reconstructor-used every 2-3wks) and Redken Fresh Curls Detangler (just started using this in July on my natural hair and it is excellent!). I use the detangler after every wash. I have also used Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat which is very good! I haven't used it on my natural hair yet but it helped keep my hair soft and moist when I was relaxed.

IA: I like them too!:yep: And I am relaxed and I think they work Great!

I'll have to try the All Soft Again, I only used it once. And It was my least fav!

i LOVE all redken products! my hair loves cones, though. my favorites are the smooth down and all soft lines (i don't use their shampoos anymore, though). i don't buy them at retail price; i look for deals on the liters on ebay, or splurge whenever Ulta or Trade Secret has sales.

Hmm I just ordered the all soft conditioner from clair hair so cant give ny opinion on that just yet. However I do have the Smooth down treatment in comes in lik e a bronze tube...so far wont be repurchasing it. It isnt bad nor good just okay.

I consider Redkin's Smooth Down heat glide one of the best heat protects. I ever used.

I also like their align 12 ultra straight balm (medium). A very very tiny amount with my thin curls goes a very long way! It makes my hair sooooo shiny (but not greasy) after flat ironing & it stays straight for weeks after using....even in misty and humid weather. Without it, just and a few sprinkles of rain will totally undermine the heat I put on my hair by flat ironing it. My hair turns into a wavy poof without me protecting my hair from humidity & a few sprinkles of rain. I have gotten a relaxer for many years now, but my hair is super curly in areas and wavy elsewhere...it will revert at any chance it gets.
hth! :eek:)

Last edited:
I consider Redkin's Smooth Down heat glide one of the best heat protects. I ever used.

I also like their align 12 ultra straight balm (medium). A very very tiny amount with my thin curls goes a very long way! It makes my hair sooooo shiny (but not greasy) after flat ironing & it stays straight for weeks after using....even in misty and humid weather. Without it just a few sprinkles of rain will totally undermine the heat I put on my hair by flat ironing it. My hair turns into a wavy poof without me protecting my hair from humidity a few sprinkles of rain. I have gotten a relaxer for many years now, but my hair is super curly in areas and wavy elsewhere...it will revert at any chance it gets.
hth! :eek:)

I love the Redken Clarifying Cleansing Creme. The absolute best way to clarify without stripping. I ADORE this but I didn't really like the Redken Butter Treat that I tried.

I have All Soft shampoo and heavy cream which I hated. Extreme Rescue Force but haven't tried it yet. I love Extreme Anti-Snap. I'm about to take that All Soft back to Ulta and get Smooth Down.

I have All Soft shampoo and heavy cream which I hated.

I feel the same way.:perplexed Why did you feel that way?

Can't say that I really hated it, but I wasn't at all impressed. But, I only used it once.

Maybe I'll use it tonight with Steam and see how I feel about it.:look: Either way, with or without Steam, I probably won't replace it.:nono:

I still will be giving it an un-fair advantage by using Steam because IMO Steam makes everything perform to the 'Nth Power.:yep:

Will Definitely keep the Smooth Down Butter Treat on Hand tho'

I feel the same way.:perplexed Why did you feel that way?

Can't say that I really hated it, but I wasn't at all impressed. But, I only used it once.

Maybe I'll use it tonight with Steam and see how I feel about it.:look: Either way, with or without Steam, I probably won't replace it.:nono:

I still will be giving it an un-fair advantage by using Steam because IMO Steam makes everything perform to the 'Nth Power.:yep:

Will Definitely keep the Smooth Down Butter Treat on Hand tho'

Shampoo made my hair very hard and dry. The heavy cream didn't seem to moisturize at all and didn't make it feel very soft. My hair was weighed down and wouldn't hold a curl. Not a fan at all. If I try anything else I'm definitely getting a sample size first. Luckily I didn't pay full price. It was buy 2 get 1 free and had a 20% off coupon.

I love the Redken Clarifying Cleansing Creme. The absolute best way to clarify without stripping. I ADORE this but I didn't really like the Redken Butter Treat that I tried.

I really love the Cleansing Creme and it smells so good too.

What's a good Redken leave-in? For freshly relkaxed AND when trying to strech?

I was looking at one in a red tube, smooth down detangling cream? How is that?

Back