Anyone Tried Lakshmi's Cupboard?

sparkle25

It's an Ayurvedic line. I just ordered a deep conditioner, the bhaasvata oil and the alma lavender chamomile leave in. I typically wouldn't go for this sort of thing, but im in a product junky kinda mood lately.

Any other Ayurvedic lines out there I should consider? I know Afroveda was Ayurvedic but last I remember there was huge scandal going on with that line although the website is still there.

Those that use Ayurvedic herbs/products, what do you think overall?

Here is the link to Lakshmi's Cupbaord

http://lakshmiscupboard.com/index.php/store/#!/Oil-Treatments/c/448821/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

Last edited:

sparkle25

I have used the Bhaasvaata Oil and did a review in one of the Hit or Miss threads. Great for a hot oil treatment or oil rinse.
Thank you! Did you try using it to seal as well? Did it smell bad? I've got one product with Ayurvedic oils and it smells like mustard seed and pickles kinda. I'm like Tucan Sam though with scents.

NaturallyATLPCH

I use her Amla Powder and Dark Henna blend. The henna blend is the smoothest I've ever used, applied smoothly, rinse well. Her shipping is a little steep but her customer service is on point and I love her things.

I do plan on trying some more of her things in the future, plus I love she's black owned.

sparkle25

I use her Amla Powder and Dark Henna blend. The henna blend is the smoothest I've ever used, applied smoothly, rinse well. Her shipping is a little steep but her customer service is on point and I love her things.

I do plan on trying some more of her things in the future, plus I love she's black owned.

I ordered this yesterday and she shipped it today! Yippe ki yay I'm so excited.

I haven't used henna in years. I might try it next order! Do you use it in place of protein or? I'm learning my hair doesn't mind protein in deep conditioners and actually needs it to keep the ends from snapping.

NaturallyATLPCH

I ordered this yesterday and she shipped it today! Yippe ki yay I'm so excited.

I haven't used henna in years. I might try it next order! Do you use it in place of protein or? I'm learning my hair doesn't mind protein in deep conditioners and actually needs it to keep the ends from snapping.
Yes, I still use protein. Henna, although acts as a protein, cannot replace actual protein for my hair. I have very fine, kinky strands and I need all the Protein I can get.

sparkle25

I have been watching and want to add this vendor to my 2017 list of purchases especially since I'm using ayurveda products again.
Like this thread @sparkle25.

Thaks @shawnyblazes, @Sharpened and @NaturallyATLPCH for all your reviews. You all gave me a good place to start with this vendor :yep:
I'll leave a review when I get them and try it out. My hair finicky so if I like it you know it's bomb. If I don't like it, try it anyways lol

There is another lady on etsy calmed Nurcreations and she has a lot of Ayurvedic stuff too. She's on a break right now but as soon as she gets back its on like donkey kong lol

sparkle25

Yes, I love this line. Shipping is a little high and Im right across the water from her.

The deep conditioners are a fave
All her deep conditioners say they are leave ins too which is strange to me because most DCs are way too thick to be left in. Would you say they could be used as leave ins too? What else have you tried from her? There are no reviews anywhere.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
All her deep conditioners say they are leave ins too which is strange to me because most DCs are way too thick to be left in. Would you say they could be used as leave ins too? What else have you tried from her? There are no reviews anywhere.

I wouldnt leave them in. They are too thick for my hair. But they are really good. I buy my fenugreek, and oils from her. Ive been buying maybe 3 years randomly. Ive tried all tue conditioners and most of the oils.

sparkle25

I wouldnt leave them in. They are too thick for my hair. But they are really good. I buy my fenugreek, and oils from her. Ive been buying maybe 3 years randomly. Ive tried all tue conditioners and most of the oils.
Are they softening, strengthening or both? How's the slip?

sparkle25

Both for me. No slip upon applying because they are thick but when rinsing my hair is soft and pliable. The smell are slightly herbal but i like it. Id ask her if you could get a sample size of one when you order. My fave is the amla honey. I use it for prepoo and DC.
I already ordered the Alma Lavander chamomile DC ( which also says it's a leave in), the bhaasvata argan oil and the argan oil and honey leave in. So the argan/honey must
must not truly be a leave in. I guess I'll find out. If it's not I'll be disappointed but I personally can never get end ugh DCs so....

sparkle25

@Sharpened, would you use the Bhaasvaata oil as a scalp massage oil as well?
That's what I'm going to use it for. My hair doesn't love oils, the only oil that doesn't feel greasy and sit on my hair is Marula and one other rare expensive oil that I can't remember what it's called because it's been so long and was too expensive. But my scalp does like oils so I'll use it for that and some hot oils treatments. Woo hoo I can't wait.

trclemons

I'll get a few things from them when they have another good sale, oils and deep conditioners.

@Aggie

Martin Luther King Day Sale!

A few loyal customers have inquired about sales for the King holiday - So for TODAY only get 30% OFF your favorite hair products in select categories! Use code KINGIDEALS at checkout. Discount applied at checkout. Sale starts and ends today. (To our Etsy customers: this offer is only good for purchases made at lakshmiscupboard.com. Coupon is not applicable to Etsy sales)

Aggie

@Aggie

Martin Luther King Day Sale!

A few loyal customers have inquired about sales for the King holiday - So for TODAY only get 30% OFF your favorite hair products in select categories! Use code KINGIDEALS at checkout. Discount applied at checkout. Sale starts and ends today. (To our Etsy customers: this offer is only good for purchases made at lakshmiscupboard.com. Coupon is not applicable to Etsy sales)
Thank you so much @trclemons :kiss: