anyone use AFFRICAN BLACK SOAP on hair???

gogo

Hi, just got my black soap from nasaab (recommended for a clearer, smooth complexion). I'm new to the boards but the ingredients look beneficial enough for quite a healthy shampoo (roasted plantain skins, cocoa pods, palm kernel oil, coconut oil, natural sodium)Is anyone using this instead of shampoo? It lathers really well & doesn't seem to be drying at all, at least on my face. I'll try it tonight & see...maybe the start of an extra simple routine...hmmm... :/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gifwho knows????

Healthb4Length

I've used it before on my relaxed hair and the results were good. It didn't dry out my hair, I used the liquid kind with shea butter in it. Very moisturizing but it all depends on one's body PH.

ChocoKitty

I've used nasabb black soap on my hair before. I'm natural. It was very cleansing--almost like using a clarifier but not as drying.

thatscuteright

I use it on my hair, and I love it. I add perppermint oil to mine, and it gets my hair really clean, but it never feels stripped.

soslychic

I know a lot of naturals who use it on their hair and love it. I've heard more positive results than negative.

SherryLove

very interesting....i would be scurred to use it on my hair because it dried my face out something terrible.... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif