Aphogee 2 Step Disaster!

longinghair

OK, I am 4b relaxed at 11 weeks post relaxer and decided to do an 18 week stretch (14 weeks is my max), so I decided to do an aphogee 2 step treatment to strengthen the demarcation line. BIG MISTAKE!!! My hair was well balanced and not breaking prior to the treatment. But afterwards; breakage, tangles, hardness, thickness. I am now torn between getting a relaxer (just to get rid of the protein overload) at 12 weeks or continuing with the stretch. Sooo discouraged!!!:sad:

Bnster

My suggestion is to go and do some deep conditioning and moisturize like crazy. Fix the problem before relaxing, you may end up with a worst problem if you relax now. Also once you have succeed in detangling, keep the hair bun, not loose to avoid further tangling issues. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

quasimodi

Ohhhh, I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you.

I agree with the previous poster. I would strongly advise you to NOT get a relaxer. If you apply a relaxer to your hair in its weakened condition, you might damage your hair.

To get rid of the tangles, soak your hair in a good conditioner with a lot of slip (Aussie moist, Hello Hydration, whatever works for you) mixed with extra virgin olive oil and put on a plastic cap for about an hour or two.

Then separate your hair into sections and detangle one section at a time. Be patient and gentle with your hair and take your time. Hair that has protein overload needs TLC.

To restore the balance in your hair, do a lot of moisturizing DCs...maybe once a week (more if you feel your hair needs it). Use good ones like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditer, Hairveda's SitriNillah, etc. Mix the dcs with honey, EVOO and slap it on. If you have a hair steamer, you might want to incorporate it into your DCs as well.

Other than that, keep your hair moisturized, seal with your favorite oil, bun it, and leave it alone.

Krystle~Hime

My suggestion is to go and do some deep conditioning and moisturize like crazy. Fix the problem before relaxing, you may end up with a worst problem if you relax now. Also once you have succeed in detangling, keep the hair bun, not loose to avoid further tangling issues. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
^
that's a great advice :up:

Guitarhero

Try your Aphogee moisturizer again on clean hair and steam it in with a hot wet towel several times. Don't overly moisturize.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I had this very thing happen last year. I was attempting a 16 week stretch and used aphogee 2 step around week 12. I protein overloaded and tried to correct the issue over the next two weeks based on forum recommendation. Nothing worked so I ended my stretch about week 14/15 and all was right with the world. Ending my stretch worked for me although I understand the caution everyone is suggesting. HTH.

longinghair

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I detangled in sections and put my hair into 10 large braids. I did a dry DC with my very moisturizing DC, co washed with HE HH condish, then applied my creamy moisturizing leave in and sealed with my shae butter and oil mix, covered with silk scarf and today my hair is so soft and manageable. I think this stretch may just be possible. Though I still have some breakage, it has reduced up to 80%. I think I will continue to moisturise daily and DC twice a week. I am sooooo happy I asked for your help. Thanks again everyone.