Are Garlic Capsules Used Topically Just as Good for Shedding?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Hi ladies! :hiya:It's been so long since I've posted on this section of the hair forum LOL. But I'm trying to combat excess shedding that I'm afraid may be starting. I had a bad menstrual cycle and I'm assuming I may have lost a lot of iron. And with anemia comes shedding (possibly). Garlic has worked wonders for me before so I'm hoping it still does. :yep:

Anyway, after loading up on iron rich foods I ran out and bought my garlic tablets and started taking them last night. I planned to actually wash my hair and do the garlic treatment. But then I got lazy and said hey, why not just break open the garlic capsules and use the oil on my scalp?? It's odorless. So I broke open a few and mixed it with some castor oil and it felt pretty good on my scalp and it's still on there now because I never rinsed it out. Remember, I was being lazy. :spinning:

Has anyone ever used the capsules instead of actual garlic? And if so, why do you worry about rinsing it out if it's odorless?

Not sure of the breakdown of the garlic capsules but it was the Walmart Spring Valley brand. I'm going to wash it anyway tomorrow and use the real garlic but I'm just wondering if this leave-in topical method is just as effective???

Kiadodie

Hey there I can tell you a friend of mine had Alopecia (sp?) and had a couple of bald spots. She used to rub straight garlic cloves on those spots and it grew back.

gn1g

the clove might be okay but the capsule would burn your scalp they are way to strong