Are there any dangers to washing hair everyday?

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I actually enjoy washing my hair and sometimes I do it every day but most times I wash my hair 3 to 4 times a week. I can't keep any style for long. I had a weave the other day and it only last 3 weeks. When I braid I wash it at least once a week. I just want to know if constant washing of natural hair is safe. I do moisturize after every wash and I DC every week.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
As far as I know, shampoo is too harsh and drying to be used daily. But it IS okay to just rinse your hair with water or co wash daily. I co wash daily and wash with poo and dc once a week. My hair's been loving it :yep:

ravenmerlita

I wash my hair nearly every day. I do use shampoos that claim to be gentle or moisturizing. My hair does really well with frequent washing.

NaturalJoy

Shampooing everyday is generally a no-no (especially if you have type 4 hair); it is very drying and unnecessary. Frequent co-washes and/or oil rinses are fabulous!! Just be careful in the cold weather.

AtlantaJJ

How do you ladies that wash / co-wash daily dry your hair especially since it's getting colder.

I would love to workout in the mornings before work and do a co-wash but I can't leave the house with wet hair in the mornings. I was trying to figure out a way to so that with out having to blow dry...

NaturalJoy

I usually slow down on the co-washes when it gets cold. However when I do, I will wash in the evening or wake up early enough to wash and dry before I leave (I generally choose the prior as opposed to the latter since just waking up on time is typically a struggle :lachen:)

AtlantaJJ

I usually slow down on the co-washes when it gets cold. However when I do, I will wash in the evening or wake up early enough to wash and dry before I leave (I generally choose the prior as opposed to the latter since just waking up on time is typically a struggle :lachen:)
I know what you mean about that!! LOL - - But it feels so good to rinse the scalp after a good cardio workout. I'd have to get up at 4:00 am though to make it to work on time with my slow behind!:spinning:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I started co-washing since I learnt about it on this site. I still do shampoo sometimes but I alway applys conditioner after I shampoo.

PinkSkates

I'm natural 4A; and my hair cannot take being shampood everday. I tried it for 2 weeks and my hair was brittle and dry as the desert; which led to my ends snapping off.:wallbash:

ravenmerlita

How do you ladies that wash / co-wash daily dry your hair especially since it's getting colder.

I would love to workout in the mornings before work and do a co-wash but I can't leave the house with wet hair in the mornings. I was trying to figure out a way to so that with out having to blow dry...

Most days, I wrap a microfiber towel around my hair to absorb most of the water and then I sit under my dryer on low for a few minutes. This usually leaves my hair pretty dry and I'll either pin it back or put it in a bun or just leave it loose.