Are there any Deep Conditioners w/little to NO protein?

FlawedBeauty

Can anyone recommend a deep conditioner with very little or no protein? My hair doesnt like protein at all :nono: And the ORS just doesnt seem to be doin it like it used to :sad: Thanks all!

Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Conditioner - I consider it a multi-use conditioner of wonder - it's my DC, leave-in, spritz base - and I get a liter for 11 bucks. :grin:
It MIGHT have some protien in it - silk or wheat, I think - but it's VERY mild, because my hair is protien picky, and it LOVES this stuff.

If you like to mix up your own goodies, the homemade Caramel Treatment is the truth for me, personally - these two products are now all I use for DC's - they are all I need.... :lick:

my hair luvs luvs Elasta QP DPR-11 ...i dont think it has any protein (somebody can correct me if I'mwrong :grin:)

you're correct it does not have any protein. I have this on my to buy list :yep:

ETA: do you mix it with anything?

Not anymore...I used to mix it with EVOO..but now I use it straight from bottle with the silver conditioning cap (from BSS) for 1 hour and I get the same great results...My other fav is ORS REPLEN but it has mild proteins in it...

LustraSilk Shea Cholesterol. I mix it with EVOO, coconut oil, and honey. It's inexpensive ($1.74 where I am) and effective.

Not anymore...I used to mix it with EVOO..but now I use it straight from bottle with the silver conditioning cap (from BSS) for 1 hour and I get the same great results...My other fav is ORS REPLEN but it has mild proteins in it...

thanks genesis. I am going to look for the silver conditioning cap today/this weekend. I am a little on the fence about the ORS packet. It's not that I don't like it but I just have mixed feelings about it. I plan on trying it again tomorrow and seeing how the results are.

LustraSilk Shea Cholesterol. I mix it with EVOO, coconut oil, and honey. It's inexpensive ($1.74 where I am) and effective.

I completely agree. Also I love myhoneychild olive you deep conditioner and their is another one Honey Hair Mask that's very good too (and you could probably make this at home if you had the ingredients)! :grin: I also agree with Redken Butter Treat - yum!

Kenra MC has wheat protein in it. I think you may just want to pinpoint which types of protein your hair doesn't like and then go from there. Some of the milder proteins (like silk, wheat, and soy proteins) help moisture grab onto the hair and stay there, so those are the ones you definitely want in your conditioner. I'm sure we all know that each type of protein illicits different results depending on a laundry list of factors (hair type, health of hair at baseline, etc) but I just felt this should be re-iterated.

Oh, and I want to add Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Moisturizer to the list (no hardcore proteins, straight moisture!)...
HTH :)

My first choice MOP extreme moisture has no protein, it's very moisturizing.:lick:
Lekair Cholesterol treatment has light protein, very moisturizing, is inexpensive, and has good slip.

Back