Are you a hair stylist/professional/expert? Know any on LHCF?

jkamiel

I am putting on a program at my university that will basically be a workshop teaching young black women how to properly care for their hair. My organization will be inviting one or two stylists/professionals to come and give the info, but I need someone who is not the typical stylist: someone who knows how to really care for black hair.

Let me know who you know on LHCF that is a stylist or hair professional! Or if you know of any professional speakers on hair that's great too!

vnaps

dontspeakdefeat is a professional stylist i think........either way she has heaps of knowledge and a long time member

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Sistaslick I think that is her name. She has some articles published on hair and is a member here.

JustKiya is very hair knowledgeable and has an awesome blog
msa

If I think of anyothers I will come back

dakotablu

interesting.... u never mentioned where u were located...hmmm...... word to the wise research the stylist and try to talk to their clients once you find him or her..BTW where r u located? would hate for a stylist to show up an students are like hey that stylist jacked up my hair...i would love to hear about your "presentation" once your done.
best of luck

jkamiel

i'm in the bay area, but it doesn't have to be someone who is in the bay.. also, they will not be styling -- as i am not sure where they'd get their equipment set up

any other stylists?