Dallas Ladies!! Any Hair Stylist Reccomendations!

virgo_chinwe

Hey Ladies!!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good hair stylist in the DFW metroplex. I am really looking for someone who is affordable, and will cater to my hair needs, and most importantly is not scissor happy. I am also looking for someone who will use my choice of selected relaxer. Above all, I don't want someone who works in a ghetto salon where she will be working on my head and 5 others---I'm not trying to hate on anyone's hair practices but I can't blame no one but myself at the end of the day if I let someone burn my scalp while she was doing 5 other people and besides when a stylist is one-on-one with the client 9 times out of ten their work is better and they are more professional. Thanks in advance ladies!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Not in Dallas but, Heather Jamerson of De La Tresse Salon in Irving (Salons of Irving, on Beltline and 287, next to the mall). She is really good, she does mostly straight styles (no braids or twists) on natural and relaxed hair. She is a natural herself with APL or longer hair. She has a private suite and normally I'm in and out within two hours.

$65-relaxer touchup
$45/55, can't remember for natural hair
$45 relaxed heads without a touchup

I'm out of the country and don't have her # with me, but she might be in the phonebook, or maybe you could just call Salons of Irving. She normally suggest a consultation, but I haven't seen one done before, just heard her tell prospective clients that on the phone. ETA: I actually I did see one.

Last edited: