Are you friends with your hair stylist?

soaries

Mine is one of my good friends. I met her 8 years ago while she was in beauty school. She is the bomb! Today she did my 12 week touch up with Revlon Realistic, which is also the bomb. My hair is silky, shiny, and I can't stop smiling. She does my hair at her house, and she does it for almost nothing. Even if I was broke and needed my hair done, she would do it. Sorry for rambling but I am having a great day.
smile.gif
Now back to the question, how many of you are friend with your stylist?

I would probably have to say no. I just talk to here when I have a hair appointment. I did a HUGE favor for her relative last month and she didn't even say "thank you." So, I would assume that we have an client/stylist relationship and that is all.

I have 2 stylist.
1 is my cousin for when I go to visit my relatives where his shop is - he hooks a sistah up - and yes we are friends.

The other is here locally and I would say we are friends too - I go to their summer bar b ques, her husbands'(who is a barber) Mom is one of my Moms best friends and I grew up with all of her husbands brothers and sisters(7) I didn't know her until after they got married.

Rhonda

Yes I am friends with my stylist...

I've known her all of my life, but she's been my stylist for 13 or so yrs. She didn't attend a beauty academy, instead she has this network of friends that keeps her updated on products, techniques & things of that sort... u know, keeping her "skills" updated & sharp. She's what u would call a "kitchen-tician"
shocked.gif
, but believe me, the girl got mad skills
smile.gif
.... she knows her stuff !!!

She's really pleasant to those she encounter. She's also very patient, knowledgeable & nurturing with my hair. I haven't found these qualities consistently in any other stylist... this is why I'm keeping her around
smile.gif
. She isn't scissor happy but she will "cut" right to the point & re-direct me to choose another style if my hair looks substandard. Can u believe this, she doesn't charge me a thing... not 1 penny!!! She gets her "pay" through self-fulfillment... knowing that her hard work & dedication is keeping my hair long & healthy
smile.gif

Oh, btw, my "stylist" is myself
grin.gif
!
(just being funny
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
)

I think my stylist and I are friends. I would say all of the stylists at the salon maintain good friendships with their clients. It is a way to keep strong hair relationships going and build new ones through referrals.

Mia

I am very good friends with my stylist. Her family and mine have known each other since I was around 10 years old.

Since moving to NY approx 3 years ago, she was the obvious choice to do my hair since I didn't know anyone here anyway and being a friend it made sense that she did my hair. I didn't even know she was as good as she is so her talents are the icing on the cake.

I am good friends with the woman that does my relaxers for me. We've known each other for a long time.
smile.gif

Yeah, my stylist is one of my best friends. I've known her for almost 15 years, but I only go to her for my relaxers and for special occasions. I've always been one who doesn't want to be dependent on a stylist because I know how and enjoy doing my own hair, but when I do go, I go to her.

Peachtree, I wish I had a girlfriend/stylist like you do. She's a keeper "fa sho". Anyway, mine is nice, but not a friend. She is a little bit moody at times. And she doen't have much faith in my hair. She likes my sister's texture better and lets her know that often.

Yes, I'm friends with my stylist too. She's a member of my church and she's on the Praise and Worship team I lead. She owns the shop and comes in on Monday's when the shop is closed for people she chooses... me being one of course.

She's really good and keeps a personal file of each client's hair and creates a goal for your hair based on what you stated your goals were during the consultation. She's got mine mapped out for every 3 months. When those 3 months are up, we talk about where I want to go with my hair for the next 3 months. So far, everything is going great.

What I also love about her is that she's into skin care (is an esthetician) and always uses me as a guinea pig for her new products and stuff she creates. Well initially, she tests herself first with the basics and if it's healthy, she goes further and tests it on me and 2 other girls. I get free stuff and free facials, and body products etc.

I love that girl!

Pm,
I am also on the P&W team at church. I love it. I'll bet you're a great leader! God bless.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm friends with my stylist too. She's a member of my church and she's on the Praise and Worship team I lead. She owns the shop and comes in on Monday's when the shop is closed for people she chooses... me being one of course.

She's really good and keeps a personal file of each client's hair and creates a goal for your hair based on what you stated your goals were during the consultation. She's got mine mapped out for every 3 months. When those 3 months are up, we talk about where I want to go with my hair for the next 3 months. So far, everything is going great.

What I also love about her is that she's into skin care (is an esthetician) and always uses me as a guinea pig for her new products and stuff she creates. Well initially, she tests herself first with the basics and if it's healthy, she goes further and tests it on me and 2 other girls. I get free stuff and free facials, and body products etc.

I love that girl!

[/ QUOTE ]
___
WOW! My stylist does everything that I want and NEVER anything that I don't but she just wouldn't have the time to keep a file on all of her clients.

Melodee,

Thanks! Don't you just LOVE the praise and worship experience and looking out and seeing everyone praising and worshipping?

Bett1e,
Julie (my stylist) is so organized at it. She's really into healthy hair. I think she became so committed to keeping goals and files, because a majority of her clients came to her with BADLY damaged hair from coloring, weaves, you name it. She has helped them completely turn around by using this system. Also, her assistant which is a church member as well, really is the brains behind the organization.

At my last appointment, I saw this lady in Julie's chair with over half of her head covered with bald spots. When I saw her, I was embarassed for her. She looked embarassed when I spoke to her and Julie. The lady came in on her off Monday because she didn't want anyone to see it.

[ QUOTE ]
Melodee,

Thanks! Don't you just LOVE the praise and worship experience and looking out and seeing everyone praising and worshipping?

Bett1e,
Julie (my stylist) is so organized at it. She's really into healthy hair. I think she became so committed to keeping goals and files, because a majority of her clients came to her with BADLY damaged hair from coloring, weaves, you name it. She has helped them completely turn around by using this system. Also, her assistant which is a church member as well, really is the brains behind the organization.

At my last appointment, I saw this lady in Julie's chair with over half of her head covered with bald spots. When I saw her, I was embarassed for her. She looked embarassed when I spoke to her and Julie. The lady came in on her off Monday because she didn't want anyone to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]
__
If I ever should move to your city, I would love to have Juilie as a stylist. My stylist is the same way without a system. What state are you in?

Back