Are You Getting Your Half Inch a Month?

iri9109

i think so...i dont measure my hair, but i attached pics of sept vs jan 2012, and it looks like atleast a 4 inch difference...but when my hair is curly, you really cant tell that its growing at all

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 39

Iluvsmuhgrass

Honestly I don't think so... my eating habits are much better than they used to be and I've been on supplements to help my system for years. I've noticed that my Celie plaits are getting longer but I haven't reached optimal growth. My hair has lots of different textures and since it's very temperamental I'm mostly focusing on retention. :yep:

Fhrizzball

I don't know and it's hard to tell with natural hair. Probably not though. I'm tempted to just highlight a lock and track it that way. When I stretch my hair it seems the same length more of less and some days my hair looks bigger and other days it's shorter. I guess I won't know until I straighten and it doesn't revert instantly like it always does.

Dove56

My hair grew about 1.75 inches since August 20. I color my hair and my dark roots are how I measured my hair (I use L'oreal Preference UL51 for dark hair).

Now, I am taking Viviscal, Spring Valley Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins (from Wal-Mart), Vitol Ener-G, and MSM to grow out a super botched mullet-esque hair cut (on one side lol) so I am happy with the growth.

Without all the vitamins my hair growth is average 1/2 inch a month.

Dove56

SerenavanderWoodsen

Have you thought about getting a keratin treatment? They are great for loosening curls and straightening to bone straight (depending on the brand), something a relaxer could never do in my curly hair.

greenandchic

I probably get 1/4" a month these days. I've been tracking a few gray hairs that I hennaed over and I don't see much growth over the past couple of months.

beingofserenity

Monthly average, I have no idea. I believe I get at least six inches a year. More with a good diet and supplements. However, I'll never know sure until I can keep my hair from breaking.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
My hair grows 1/2 inch per month in the back of my head only, but it grows about 1 inch per month on the sides. The very front (the bang area) grows the slowest at about 1/4 inch per month.

This makes my hair look somewhat like a reverse mullet, since it grow faster in the front than the back.