As I Am Products

princessdi

I saw these new products at Sally's online this morning. The reviews (what little is out there) have all been good. Has anyone had a chance to try it? The ingredients don't sound all that bad.

Any reviews, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks ladies!

NOOOOOoooO!!!! Stay away, girl. The only thing I bought that I liked was the Moisture milk and you can find much beter for cheaper. My firend gave me all her products and I tried them and promptly gave them to my 3 year old. They suck that much.

The shampoo leaves the haiir feeling coarse and dry, and it smells like ground up Flintsone vitamins. ( They usta be my fav as a child and the smell stuck with me) For $11, you could go gitchu the Sally Ion brand Clarifying Shampoo for like $6. It's very moisturizing and smells like Almond.

The Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner ( snort!) is $15 and has the consistency of a cheap skin lotion. Not thick at all, and it honestly feels like it just sits on top of your hair. I tried it on my 4a natural hair and my daughters 3b natural hair and V05 moisture milk did a better job.

I was so disappointed because the ingredients look amazing. That combined with the price makes me WANT to LOVE these products. I tried to talk myself into loving them every time I tried them, but then I went back to my old favorites and I realized I was a victim of yet another pj attack.

I havent tried the Cleansing Pudding or the CoWash, so Iono. Plus this is just my experience.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I actually really like both the Cleansing Pudding & the Coconut Cowash Conditioner.

I have the Hydration Elation and the Double Butter but haven't tried them yet.

I had the CocoShea Spray and the Hair Milk but Swapped them with another former member because they were Staples for Her.

winona

I like the Leave In but I like the GVP PM Leave In for better:) and it is much cheaper.

mg1979

I only tried the hair milk & the leave in. It seemed okay the first time, but after that it seemed to oily. I don't like the smell of the milk.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I tried the DoubleButter, and the leave in. To date the leave-in is one of the best I've ever used. Great slip, smell, and hydration. The DoubleButter was passed onto my boys, as it just made my hair dry...you can get so much better elsewhere IMO. Both products smelled really nice.

sweetypoo705

bI have been using the Coconut Cowash for two weeks and it has worked wonders in making my hair soft and manageable. I am 21 weeks post relaxer and it cleans my scalp and softens my new growth to the point where I can run my fingers through without snaggles:).

Coffee

I like the cleansing products and the Elation DC. I am relaxed and my hair is moisturized and easy to comb after using the products!!

PJaye

My experiences with two of the products from that line are as follows:

Coconut CoWash
- Decent ingredient list
- Thick, creamy and easy to distribute
- Cleansed without stripping, hardening or tangling
- Left my hair feeling soft and moisturized
- No offensive smell
- Performs better than any other co-washing conditioner I’ve used
- Exceptional price for the quality ($8 for 16oz)

Leave-in Conditioner
- Decent ingredient list
- Thick, creamy and very easy to distribute
- Did not harden or dull my hair
- Has a measure of slip
- Left my hair feeling soft and moisturized for several days
- No lingering, aggressive aroma
- Very good substitute for my staple leave-in (Darcy’s)
- Nice price point for the quality ($11 for 8oz)

Plus, there is the added benefit of fast, free shipping when ordering from the company’s website. My local Sally’s never has either of these two products in stock (or much else for that matter...I’m beginning to think that it’s an undercover meth lab or something). I didn’t bother sampling any other products from this line since they all contained shea butter.

westNDNbeauty

I tried the cleansing pudding :-/

I returned it the next day.

I will say, As I Am has very smart marketing; putting reg shampoo in a JAR and calling it cleansing PUDDING. lol

I really thought it would perform like something similar to Wen/Hair One, but it stripped my hair. Not worth $17. I can get the same performance with a cheapie shampoo.

Kay.Dee

I was eyeing the double butter but those ingredients vs that price, no thanks. I see they're trying to go the Miss Jessie's route.

Ann0804

The ingredients are really great. So far I have tried two products from the line.
As I Am- Co Wash: I like this one mainly because it's the only shampoo that gets rid of my itchy scalp for days. It is drying to my hair but I only do one wash with it and use only a small amount of it focusing on my scalp vs. my hair. It has a coconut scent.

Cleansing Pudding: The first five times of using it my hair felt nice, moist and soft after using it. Now, months later my hair feels very different- dry and rough to the touch after using it. I will continue to use it until it's finished but I don't plan to repurchase it. It does smell nice.

Last edited:

lamaria211

sallys has these products on sale buy 2 get 1 free right now i just bought the leave in the coconut co-wash and the intensive condish i will try the cowash tonight and post my reviews later. i really hope i like them cause they are not at all cheap

coyacoy

I like the coconut co wash...leaves hair soft and only $6 for a 16oz jar. Have tried the leave in and hair butter and the twisting cream. I liked the twist cream enough so that i'll use the 8oz jar ..it provides a good hold but isn't moisturizing enough so i wouldn't repurchase. Didn't love the leave in - also not moisturizing along with the butter. A pattern with this line IMO so it's not one i'll be supporting beyond the co wash ....

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

MyCoilsGoBoing

I'm currently using the double butter cream. I stocked up during the sale at sally beauty supply, but probably won't repurchase after the stash goes. It's one of many moisturizers that I use.

MyCoilsGoBoing

IDareT'sHair

I use the product on my hair after i rinse out my hair conditioner. It does a good job of defining my coils, but it leaves something to be desired as far as moisturizing. That's why I have to use other moisturizers in conjunction with it. I'm keeping it around because of the coil definition.

JJamiah

I like the three products I have tried. Coconut Cowash, double butter and the moisture milk. All worked nicely in my hair. Will repurchase.