Astro-lunar advices for March 14 to April 30

DragonPearl

In response to PM requests, here is a breakdown of my general astrological recommendations covering March 14 to April 30. Please note: all times listed are Pacific Times.

3/14: Moon in Capricorn. After 12 noon and until 9 pm, good day for perm, press/iron, conservative hair colors, hair treatments like deep conditioning. Good day for conservative hairstyles.

3/15: Moon in Capricorn. Between 9 am and 9:30 pm, do perm, press/iron, and hair treatment. Good day for conservative hairstyles

3/23: Moon in Taurus. Excellent day for perm, press/iron (not for naturals who want hair to revert after washing off the press/iron), all hair treatments, all permanent hair coloring. Good day to wear feminine and beautiful styles. If wearing protective styles, add beautiful ornaments/accessories to your hair.

3/24: Moon in Taurus. Between 5 am and 2:25 pm, do perm, press/iron (not for naturals who want hair to revert after washing off the press/iron), all hair treatments, and permanent hair coloring. Good day to wear feminine and beautiful styles. If wearing protective styles, add beautiful ornaments/accessories to your hair

3/28: Moon in Cancer: Okay to trim for growth if your hair really needs a trim. Okay to do perm, hair treatments, and hair color. Good day to wear feminine and protective styles.

3/29: Moon in Cancer. Excellent day to trim for growth, perm, all hair treatments and hair color. Good day to wear feminine and protective styles.

3/30: Moon in Leo: After 10:10 am, good day for press/iron, okay to trim for growth and thickness, good for treatments, colors and perms. Good day to wear hair out and show off.

4/5: Full Moon In Libra. If trimming hair for thickness, do so before 2:25 pm

4/11: Moon in Capricorn. Easter Sunday. Up until 6 pm, okay day for perms/irons, hair treatments, and hair color as long as it’s conservative colors. Good day for conservative hairstyles.

4/13: Moon in Aquarius: Good day to get rid of unwanted facial and body hair. Good day to try offbeat and edgy hairstyles.

4/19: Solar Eclipse. New Moon in Aries. Then Moon enters Taurus. After 6:45 am, good day for perms, permanent hair color, hair treatments. Good day for feminine and beautiful styles. If wearing protective styles, add beautiful ornaments to your hair.

4/24 and 4/25: Moon in Cancer. Excellent day to trim for growth, to perm/press, hair treatments of all kinds, and hair coloring. Good day for feminine and protective styles.

4/27: Moon in Leo: Okay day to trim for thickness. Good day to press/iron, dramatic hair coloring. Good day to wear hair out and show off.

4/28: Moon in Leo: before 7 pm, good day to press/iron, trim for thickness, dramatic hair coloring. Good day to wear hair out and show off.

If some of the guidelines are not clear to you, please let me know.

Disclaimer: Astrological guidance cannot take the place of proper haircare and good products. It is only a tool to strengthen your hair regimen and maximize its potential. All recommendations given are general guidelines that apply to most people. If you want more personalized recommendations based on your date of birth, please pm me to arrange for a reading.

Isis

Wow! That's amazing hair information Jessy! Do you publish your work anywhere, like in magazines or books?

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Thanks Jessy
Adding to favs again. Todays is the day for my deep conditioning.

DragonPearl

Isis, I don't publish in any magazine or book, though I can see that happening in due time. I have been studying astrology for over 20 years and I have been applying these astro-lunar principles to my hair and body care for some time. I also do readings for friends and acquaintances.

Erica, I am just about to start my 1 hour deep conditioning treatment too.
Happy conditioning!

Isis

Thank you Jessy, I'll be buying your book whenever it comes out...thanks again for sharing your astrological wisdom with us!

DragonPearl

You're welcome Isis.
I love sharing knowledge with the people on this site. Most of them are open minded and supportive and they are so generous with their knowledge too.

sunnydey

Thank you SO much for the lunar advice, jessy55. I have a few questions to ask in regards to the time zone. I live in the Eastern Standard Time zone. I understand that EST is 3(three) hours ahead of Pacific, is that right? The days that are suggested for relaxer/perm for next week are Tues. 03/23 and Wed. 03/24. I have a questiion about the times on Wed., 03/24/04, in order for me to get a relaxer on this day would it best for my hair to get it between the hours of 8AM and 5:25PM Eastern Standard Time only? Or can I get the relaxer done much later that evening? I know that I would not be able to get to the hair salon before 5:00PM that day, so that is why I am asking the question. I appreciate any advice you can offer. Also are there any other days during the week of March 22 thru March 27 that would be beneficial for me to get a relaxer and trim for growth? I don't want to go too long before I get my next retouch. My last retouch was done in November 2003. I apologize for such a long message.

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
Thank you SO much for the lunar advice, jessy55. I have a few questions to ask in regards to the time zone. I live in the Eastern Standard Time zone. I understand that EST is 3(three) hours ahead of Pacific, is that right? The days that are suggested for relaxer/perm for next week are Tues. 03/23 and Wed. 03/24. I have a questiion about the times on Wed., 03/24/04, in order for me to get a relaxer on this day would it best for my hair to get it between the hours of 8AM and 5:25PM Eastern Standard Time only? Or can I get the relaxer done much later that evening? I know that I would not be able to get to the hair salon before 5:00PM that day, so that is why I am asking the question. I appreciate any advice you can offer. Also are there any other days during the week of March 22 thru March 27 that would be beneficial for me to get a relaxer and trim for growth? I don't want to go too long before I get my next retouch. My last retouch was done in November 2003. I apologize for such a long message.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sunnydey, you're correct, Eastern time is 3 hours ahead of Pacific Time.
If you must get a touch up on March 24 after 5:25 pm ET, I'd recommend you make sure it is done the way it has been done before, with the SAME relaxer, products and techniques your hairstylist has been using previously on your hair. Don't try any new product or any new technique after 5:25 pm; just the usual stuff. And you should be allright.
During the week of March 22 to March 27, I don't recommend trimming for growth. If you want to know why, here are the reasons:
On those days, the moon will be in Taurus and then in Gemini. Some astrologers recommend trimming for growth when the moon is in Taurus, but I am on the fence on this one because Taurus is a fixed sign that does not like changes, and things done when the moon is in Taurus tend to be permanent. Since trimming for growth implies future changes in hair length, it negates the qualities of Taurus which likes things to remain the same. That's why I don't recommend it, though I might be wrong.
As for the moon in Gemini, Gemini is an air sign, and it is also a dry sign. The qualities of air and dryness are not a good combo for hair growth. These qualities are better suited for mental/intellectual activities and communications.

Isis

What about the New Moon like today? I know the New Moon is significant. What is it best for regarding haircare?

DragonPearl

Isis, the new moon today at 2:41 pm Pacific time was in Aries.

Aries is a masculine, fiery and action-oriented sign. From that, we can deduct that the new moon in Aries is a good time to start things like an exercise program, a new sport, ect, things that have a masculine quality to them. Tomorrow Sunday, the moon will still be in Aries all day, and I plan to resume riding my bycicle, which had been collecting dust this past year.

Edited to add: As far as haircare, Moon in Aries is not exactly a hair-concerned kind of moon, unless you have in mind getting a boyish haircut, or experimenting with casual and carefree hairstyles. Definitely not a new moon for froufrou hair.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Jessy55 said:
Isis, the new moon today at 2:41 pm Pacific time was in Aries.

Aries is a masculine, fiery and action-oriented sign. From that, we can deduct that the new moon in Aries is a good time to start things like an exercise program, a new sport, ect, things that have a masculine quality to them. Tomorrow Sunday, the moon will still be in Aries all day, and I plan to resume riding my bycicle, which had been collecting dust this past year.

Edited to add: As far as haircare, Moon in Aries is not exactly a hair-concerned kind of moon, unless you have in mind getting a boyish haircut, or experimenting with casual and carefree hairstyles. Definitely not a new moon for froufrou hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'll certainly be wearing my hair this weekend in my carefree braid outs!!
Thank you so much Jessy- your knowledge is so appreciated!

DragonPearl

You're welcome, y'all!

Yes, the sign the new moon is in tends to be a good indication of things to come during the 30 or 31 days lunar cycle.
For instance, the last new moon was in Pisces, the sign of the fish, the Christ, martyr, victims etc. During that cycle, it is no surprise that the movie "the Passion of the Christ" was such a blockbuster that defied all expectations.
During the previous lunar cycle, the new moon was in Aquarius, the sign of revolutions, of all things offbeat and unconventional, and it is no surprise that during that lunar cycle, the same sex weddings started in San Francisco and had everyone talking.
I could go on...

Isis

I'm thinking about dusting off my mountain bike today...sounds like this lunar cycle can be a pretty fun one!

gn1g

Jessy, This is off the subject of hair. I've been looking for a good job for a long time. When will be a good time to start a job search!! I am a leo.

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
lilchanel said:
go on!

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha! Well, just one more: The previous new moon before the last one I mentioned was in Capricorn, the sign of big business, moguls, power brokers, big government, etc. Well, during that cycle, the trial of big business woman, mogul and power broker Martha Stewart started...

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
gn1g said:
Jessy, This is off the subject of hair. I've been looking for a good job for a long time. When will be a good time to start a job search!! I am a leo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, check your PM box

sunnydey

Thanks for the advice again jessy.
Is there a website that I can go to that has the dates for when different moons and signs come so that I can plan for my trim for growth and relaxer on the same day? What about next week of 03/29/04 thru 04/03/04, are there good days other than Sunday and Monday that I could do both the relaxer and trim? I would like to schedule both of them on the same day whenever I go to the hair salon. Especially since I know my stylist will suggest that I trim my hair on the same day right after I get the relaxer done. I thank you so much for your suggestions and advice.

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
What about next week of 03/29/04 thru 04/03/04, are there good days other than Sunday and Monday that I could do both the relaxer and trim? I would like to schedule both of them on the same day whenever I go to the hair salon. Especially since I know my stylist will suggest that I trim my hair on the same day right after I get the relaxer done. I thank you so much for your suggestions and advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunnydey, here is your answer:

3/30: Moon in Leo: After 10:10 am, good day for press/iron, okay to trim for growth and thickness, good for treatments, colors and perms. Good day to wear hair out and show off.

DragonPearl

[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
Is there a website that I can go to that has the dates for when different moons and signs come so that I can plan for my trim for growth and relaxer on the same day?

[/ QUOTE ]
Here is a link. If clicking on it does not work, try cutting/copying and pasting it in the URL address section of your browser:
http://longhairlovers.com/moonphases.html