At any given time how much breakage/ split ends do you have?

curlytwirly06

Have super fine super thin hair. I find anywhere from 20-30 doing a random search and destroy just picking up pieces and inspecting them. I dust about every two months. Is this normal? How many do you on average have? Thanks!

I am in the same boat as you with super fine and thin curly hair. I recently got a trim, so right now I don't have any split ends!

I am in the same boat as you with super fine and thin curly hair. I recently got a trim, so right now I don't have any split ends!

My hair grows wonky. When I was a child everyone used to say I had a mullet. It's almost waist length in the back right above bra strap in the the crown middle and in the front anywhere from chin to shoulder blade. With so many lengths and natural layers I find it impossible to rid my hair of all splits. I just make sure they feel smooth and don't snag. When they do it's trim time.

I have fine hair too. Now, I think there is a big difference between normal shedding and then shedding that comes from dry hair, tensioned pulled hair and over manipulating your hair during twisting, hard combing and tugging your hair during moisturising. I used to have these problems and I never knew that I was the culprit. I am transitioning again and since I co wash everyday and detangle in the shower I don't have these problems anymore, I see just like 5-10 hairs a day as opposed to when I was seeing 20-80 hairs daily. If you see lots of shedding you may have to do a bit more deep conditioning and trim a bit. I started off with shaved hair and my hair is in a good place now and my elasticity is very good so I doubt I will have to do any trimming for a very long time.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:
My hair grows wonky. When I was a child everyone used to say I had a mullet. It's almost waist length in the back right above bra strap in the the crown middle and in the front anywhere from chin to shoulder blade. With so many lengths and natural layers I find it impossible to rid my hair of all splits. I just make sure they feel smooth and don't snag. When they do it's trim time.
I have fine hair and my hair grows the same way. I trim often to avoid splits, but I still get breakage from mechanical manipulation.

Back