At my wits end..............

Shana'

I detangled my hair after a co-wash and by the time I was finished, my wide tooth comb and sink were covered with hair. What am I doing wrong????? I detangled in sections, thinking that would help but it didn't. Ladies please help me!!!! TIA

shtow

What did you use to detangle? I swear by just for me detangling spray. I usually let it sit in my hair to penetrate the strands for a few minutes before I start combing. This really helps.

Mrs. Verde

You could try detangling in the shower with the conditioner still on. You will see a lot of posts talking about conditioner with SLIP. Slip means how easy the comb slips through your hair when you detangle. If you can find a conditioner with good slip you will save a lot of hair.

Last edited:
You could try detangling in the shower with the conditioner still own. You will see a lot of posts talking about conditioner with SLIP. Slip means how easy the comb slips through your hair when you detangle. If you can find a conditioner with good slip you will save a lot of hair.

Ditto!
Also, comb from the ends to the roots.

I take the time to also detangle or rather finger comb before I co-wash and apply oil on it almost like an oil rinse before hand and let it sit for like 15mins with a shower cap for the body heat. Then I do as you with detangling in sections but detangle with conditioner on it also from the ends up.

HTH

Just take your time and don't fret.

NigerianGirl

Everything they said should be considered, and also consider that maybe your hair is shedding.....but a DC or an oil rinse can always shapen things up and get you back on the road again.....Hope that helps:ohwell:

Shana'

Sorry for the delay ladies. Thanks for the responses, I see where I made my mistake. I rinsed the conditioner out before detangling. When I wash later this week I will detangle in the shower.

rosie

OP,

I always seem to shed and have hair everywhere, no matter what method of detangling I use.

If you find something successful, then please share.

LongHairDreams

I take the time to also detangle or rather finger comb before I co-wash and apply oil on it almost like an oil rinse before hand and let it sit for like 15mins with a shower cap for the body heat. Then I do as you with detangling in sections but detangle with conditioner on it also from the ends up.

HTH

Just take your time and don't fret.

what is an oil rince? :perplexed:grin:

audacity.

Just based on what you said, it sounds like you should focus on getting moisture into your hair. Was your hair dry when you combed? If so, try to refrain from detangling dry hair. Get you a good detangler - I hear Mane & Tal makes a good one.

My #1 recommedation/solution: MOISTURE

HTH!

infojunkie

Can't remember where I saw it (maybe www.healthyhairjourney.com ) but one of the things this lady does is comb and part her hair in 4 sections and shampoo each section at a time. Immediately puting the hair back up and moving on to the next section.

I did this the last time I shampooed due to all the shedding I was having and I was very pleased with the results.

There is no tangling because you're only working with small sections at a time if this makes any sense. Try it and I'm sure you'll be pleased, I was.

Shana'

Just based on what you said, it sounds like you should focus on getting moisture into your hair. Was your hair dry when you combed? If so, try to refrain from detangling dry hair. Get you a good detangler - I hear Mane & Tal makes a good one.

My #1 recommedation/solution: MOISTURE

HTH!
Howdy!!! My hair was damp when I detangled. I believe your are right about needing moisture. My hair has been extremely dry lately but that's from me being lazy.

Shana'

Can't remember where I saw it (maybe www.healthyhairjourney.com ) but one of the things this lady does is comb and part her hair in 4 sections and shampoo each section at a time. Immediately puting the hair back up and moving on to the next section.

I did this the last time I shampooed due to all the shedding I was having and I was very pleased with the results.

There is no tangling because you're only working with small sections at a time if this makes any sense. Try it and I'm sure you'll be pleased, I was.

That's sounds like a good idea.