Daily hair detangling

Growingmyhairlong

Hey ladies,

So I tried the fingercomb and only detangled my hair weekly and I realize my hair hates it. So now I notice if I comb my hair lightly with a wide tooth comb daily I get better results. Is this true for anyone else?

:yep:, :yep:, and :yep:........I utilize my Hercules Sageman Magic Star Rake DAILY!. I am a shedder, meaning I shed more then the average person; always Have been and always will be. So I find I have to remove my shed hairs daily and thorough detangling throughout my wash routine makes my life much easier.

Last edited:
Finger comb every time i wash or cowash my hair.....which could be every day....every other day...every two days etc etc......works well

I don't have to detangle daily but my hair prefers the use of a comb over my fingers, especially if I have nail polish on.

I am noticing less shedding when I detangle daily with lots of TLC then waiting to my washday. I see two of you mentioned the Hercules. I need to look into that. Where do you get that from?

Same here! I do not "have" to come every day, but definitely more than one time a week! 9 times out of 10 finger combing does nothing for me. Ideally I'd like to comb my hair out daily (I shed a LOT of hair), but I don't always have the time/patience.

My hair definitely does best when I cowash and detangle every 1-2 days. I shed less and I dont have to work so hard when I do it that way. :yep:

The only time I finger comb my hair is when I'm wearing twists and undoing one at a time to redo.

When wearing my hair out, I comb it daily. In the morning to style and in the evening to put it to bed. I don't refer to combing my hair as "detangling" because I define detangling as removing tangles...and since I am anal about not allowing tangles to exist in my hair, I never have to detangle. Just comb in the AM and comb at night and it works well for me.

I don't like finger-combing. Tried it for the first time the other day and my hair just had an "undone" feel lol I prefer to use a regular comb or brush once a day after showering

I lightly comb every day or every other day when wearing my hair loose. It really helps keep the hair nicely detangled which minimizes wash day breakage.

I finger comb in the shower when I co-wash, which is just about everyday. I comb with a seamless wide-tooth comb probably once a week. My hair has really been thriving now that I'm combing it less. My hair's moody and likes to be left alone :lol:

I stopped daily detangling i was losing too much hair, so now i finger detangle and may use a seamless comb if i feel like it, no matting and if a knot remove carefully

hi, i do both. after finger detangling i detangle with a wide tooth comb if I don't my hair will knot into itself as time passes.

It was hard but I had to get rid of combing and just resign myself to the fact that my hair hates combs. I really have no use for them. Maybe the tail of one to part.

My hair doesn't like finger combing, It doesn't do anything for it. I'm currently bunning, brushing and re-bunning every 3rd day because of all the NG, I don't want to manipulate my hair too much and I feel like I'm retaining more hair than when I'm brushing daily.

I have not been able to get finger detangling to work for. I have tried a few strands at a time and shaping my fingers like the teeth of a comb with no success. I use a wide tooth comb and it works.

I do not have the time to detangle every time I co-wash so I do it once a week.

My hair needs a comb! I only fngercomb in the shower and only to detangle while wetting my har and saturating it with conditioner. I follow that up with a comb-through before I put the hair into 4 pigtails to towel dry. I seal with shea butter/EVCO and up it in a bun.

The days I don't co-wash, I use a rat-tail comb to smooth down the roots, mist the ends and back in a bun.

I find most of the hair is long shed strands instead of broken ends.

I really only detangle every other day as I work conditioner through my hair (to cowash). My hair is short, so I don't have much tangling. If I have my hair in a bun or if it's out, the middle/crown area tends to matte (it's my shortest and driest section of hair) so I definitely need to thoroughly go through that area.

Back