Attention Relaxed Ladies Ayurvedic Users

janeemat

I have some questions for all of the relaxed ladies that have been using the indian oils and powders. I just ordered amla powder, brahmi and shikakai. I also ordered the shikakai soap. I already have the oils. My plan is to use this for my Wed wash. I'm a rollersetter. My question is after I rinse using the tea, poo with a moisturizing cond, do my moisturizing deep cond with heat am I still able to use my normal leave ins and do the normal rollerset and then go under the dryer and have lovely curls as usual. Will this stuff be grainy on my hair. I'm not up for any hair drama.

alexstin

If you're just using a strained tea then you shouldn't have any problems with leftover particles.

janeemat

If you're just using a strained tea then you shouldn't have any problems with leftover particles.

I do plain to strain it. What about roller setting? I read somewhere about not combing until the next wash. Which I will be finger combing.

Amerie123

so do you like boil the powder mix then strain it? if so, what kind of consistency will that leave you with? do you mix oils?

janeemat

so do you like boil the powder mix then strain it? if so, what kind of consistency will that leave you with? do you mix oils?

I just going to boil 1 cup water add 1 cup cold water mixed with the powder. I will shake reall well and then let it sit for five min. I'm going to use a stocking to strain it. I'm following one of ladies regi on here that is natural.

Optimus_Prime

Hey, janeemat! I do rinses twice a week. I would advise not to use so much water, it will be too runny, and run down your back. From your avatar, your hair looks like thick apl. I am at top bsl, thick 4A, tex/relaxed (like you). I only use about a half cup total. I put the rinse in my hair with a squirt bottle, then put on a shower cap for 15 mins. Then I rinse and condition. When I brew the rinse, I use only hot water and stir vigorously to dissolve the powders well. I only cowash/condition afterwards. Shikakai is said to be like a natural shampoo (no lather though), so I don't shampoo after my rinse. I'd say cowash (and DC if you want) afterwards. It works well for me, and my scalp doesn't have buildup. I hope this helps.

janeemat

Hey, janeemat! I do rinses twice a week. I would advise not to use so much water, it will be too runny, and run down your back. From your avatar, your hair looks like thick apl. I am at top bsl, thick 4A, tex/relaxed (like you). I only use about a half cup total. I put the rinse in my hair with a squirt bottle, then put on a shower cap for 15 mins. Then I rinse and condition. When I brew the rinse, I use only hot water and stir vigorously to dissolve the powders well. I only cowash/condition afterwards. Shikakai is said to be like a natural shampoo (no lather though), so I don't shampoo after my rinse. I'd say cowash (and DC if you want) afterwards. It works well for me, and my scalp doesn't have buildup. I hope this helps.

My hair is really not thick. It's not thin, but it's not thick either. I'm definitely 4a/b. Is it ok to rollerset and finger comb the next day or so?

janeemat

I forgot to answer about the oils. I have been mixing amla and shikakia and will continue to do that. I will apply my oils the night before as I have been doing.