August Products

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lemme See...This Month I'm using:
Deep Conditioning:
BoBeam's Deep Conditioner
Mission:Condition Honey Marshmallow
*(May Add something else)
***I probably won't buy another if I have something similar and don't have a back-up.

Finished Up: bolded. I have several back ups. Added: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment (Jar) in to the rotation.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You're welcome, me too! I mentally tell myself when I reach for another product, nope, stick to August! It really does help me focus.

Of course I'm going to keep buying lmao...but buying with a focus makes it easier for me.

@NaturallyATLPCH

At first I was wondering if something like this could help some OG PJ's like us...*cough*:look: but it really does help you stay on point.

I'm kinda getting really excited about September! :drunk:

Mostly everything I currently have open now, will probably be used up by then and I can start knockin' out some other stuff!

So...Um....Yeah....now you need to think of something to take care of bolded.:eek:

NaturallyATLPCH

@NaturallyATLPCH

At first I was wondering if something like this could help some OG PJ's like us...*cough*:look: but it really does help you stay on point.

I'm kinda getting really excited about September! :drunk:

Mostly everything I currently have open now, will probably be used up by then and I can start knockin' out some other stuff!

So...Um....Yeah....now you need to think of something to take care of bolded.:eek:

Well I will keep buying from my staple vendors. No one new is getting my money lol...

CodeRed

@NaturallyATLPCH
I hope to knock a few things out as I begin to transition into a Fall Product Regimen.

So September I'll be focusing on using up a lot of 'old' items I want to get rid of.

Or stuff that is open.

So September, October, November, December it's going to be on!:evilbanana:

Why don't you join the Use Up Your Stash Challenge for session 3? It starts September 1st :yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Taking it one month at a time is probably easier. I think I've bought close to a hundred (literally) new things specifically for hair since I started that challenge in January :lol: It's helped a great deal though....but I can also see why doing it a month at a time would be even better.

@CodeRed

Don't be over here tryna' mess me up!:boxing:

Bought "hundreds" of products.........:badgirl:

krissyhair

I finished up the baby buttercreme. Going on vacation for a couple days. I'm going to only use conditioner and kccc while I'm there, and shop the stash when I get home.
I used Biolage Ultra Hydrasource shampoo and conditioner on my vacation. I was swimming in the pool and ocean, so I shampooed the heck out of my hair most days. Surprisingly, my hair would feel less dry and generally better after shampooing it than it did dirty with salt and chlorine (and let's keep it real probably pee in the pool.)

I also had a basic kitchen hair oil mix, used the conditioner as my leave in and styled with KCCC and the tiniest bit of edge control.

When I get home, I'll start using my Frederick Fekkai essential Shea pot de creme as a leave in / blow dry cream.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hi ladies! I'm not sure that a similar thread as been started, but I thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread focusing on certain products that would be used each month. I wouldn't say this was necessarily a use up the stash type thing (even though it may help) but I find that my stash isn't completely overwhelming if a pick out a few things to consistently use each month.

This is not necessary a challenge (although I am personally challenging myself lol), but it has really helped me not really jump around from product to product. Plus it can give you a chance to see how well a product really works or not. I will go first.

I will be using during the month of August:
As I Am Cleansing Pudding
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Broccoli and Avocado Smoothing Conditioner
Naturale Grow's Irish Moss DC
Soultanicals Knot Sauce
Sarenzo's Creamy Oil
EcoStyler Argan Oil Gel
Sarenzo's Body Frosting
Nature's Gate Pomegrantate and Sunflower DC
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Green Powerhouse Oil
Soultanicals Hair Sorrel Kink Drink

If you run out of your monthly selected product, you may either replace it or pick up something new. But whatever you pick up, should be consistently used during the month. Oh, and how you use your selected products are totally up to you and can be switched up as long as they are still being used during the month.

What say you ladies?

I have tossed both products. Instead I will use Soultanicals Afrotastic DC, and a V05 Conditioner. Tomorrow will be my last use of the Cleansing Pudding, so I will use my Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo the remainder of the month.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NaturallyATLPCH @CodeRed @rileypak

I always knew a "Use Up Your Stash" concept would never work for me.

But this is a more sensible approach (for me) to make thoughtful decisions about what I'm doing.

Instead of listing everything I own and trying to get through them that way. Which I knew, personally, for me, would not work.

For those it worked for, I applaud them. But this over here, makes more sense for me and my stash.:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NaturallyATLPCH

:up:Before August is out I should use up:
x1 Liter Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp (Cowash)
x1 16oz SSI Pomegrante (Cowash)
*used up SM Purification Hair Mask on Friday*

Will add maybe September or to finish out August:
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration (Cowash)
HV's Acai Phyto Berry (Cowash)

Last edited:

kupenda

Interesting. I never plan what I'm using. Maybe this will help me be less hair lazy

This month I'll be back to scalp massages so I'll use:
-liquid gold green magic
-liquid gold whipped java butter

I'll moisturize with:
-oyin hair dew
-bekura honey latte (I luh you boo)

Sealing with:
-my boo thang aka oyin burnt sugar pomade

Today is my first scalp massage in forever. Tragic. I also decided to slow down on using my Honey Latte since I'm pretty low and don't have plans to re-up for at least another month or two. I've used Oyin Hair Dew and Bekura Palm Tapioca. Both have done me right for the most part

In an effort to use up some DC's, I found a really awesome mixture. Silk Dreams Shea What, Jessicurl Deep Treatment (not impressed with this stuff on its own) and ORS Hair Masque. Mannnn...my hair was plump and didn't drip AT ALL when I got out the sbower. I've never had that happen before. Curls were hanging low and looking beyond amazing.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lemme See...This Month I'm using:

Cowashing/Co-Cleansing

Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp
SSI's Pomegranate Conditioner
SM's Purification Hair Mask (Cleansing)

Finished SSI's Pomegranate today. (No back ups). I will finish this month out with OHHH.

When that's finished I will pull out:
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration (cowashing)
HV's Acai PhytoBerry (cowashing)

CodeRed

Good stuff :)

I'm using:

- VO5 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner
- Tresemme Perfectly Undone Conditioner
- Coconut cream
- Castor/avocado/sunflower/peppermint/carrot/rosemary/lavender/white thyme/cedarwood oil mix on scalp only
- Shea Moisture Kids Detangler

and I'll be experimenting with:

- Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner
- Coconut butter
- Shampoo bars
- Using Shea Moisture Yucca and Plantain Anti-Breakage Masque
- Used up the rest of the VO5 . Tresemme will take it's place as the co-wash
- Coconut cream used up. Won't be using it again anytime soon... not really feeling needing to store it
- Not going to do the coconut butter
- Tried shampoo bars... not for me at this time. Didn't make my hair as hard as shampoo but my relaxed hair wasn't having it.
- Will be using Giovanni as a co-wash when Tresemme is done

Going to try Softee's Cholesterol next. If it works out I'll be using it for the rest of the month instead of Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage

Still using:

- Castor/avocado/sunflower/peppermint/carrot/rosemary/lavender/white thyme/cedarwood oil mix on scalp only
- Shea Moisture Kids Detangler
Softee's a no-go. Going back to Shea Moisture.

Ok so I didn't really follow my first, second or third plan... too busy testing stuff :lol:

I am going back to the Shea Moisture Yucca and Plantain Masque for deep conditioning, Tresemme for co-wash and for the leave in I'm going to test the Hask Repair That Hair leave in. Still going to be oiling my scalp with my mixture and using green/white/black teas (whichever I choose on wash day).

AgeinATL

This month, I will be using:
SM Superfruit Complex Shampoo and DC
SM Purification Mask (will use up one jar, I have multiples)
ST Curl Elastic DC*
Gallon of distilled water*
ST Sorrell Kink Drink (will use up one bottle, I have multiples)
ST Marula Maru*
Oyin Hair Dew
Bee Mine DC
Gleau oil

*items that should be used up by the end of the month

I should be good for the month of August on all my items, so I won't need to purchase anything. I am REALLY trying to put a sizable dent in my stash before Black Friday. I am doing surprisingly well *knock on wood.

I used up a gallon of distilled water, a jar of purification mask, and a sorrel kink drink. :drunk:
Almost done with my Bee Mine DC. I have one more use. Will reup for Black Friday.
For September, I will concentrate on using my Silk Dreams DCs, another jar of the purification mask, the rest of the marula maru (a little goes a LONG way) and another bottle of Sorrell Kink Drink. Getting this stash down so I can go cray-cray on Black Friday. :evilbanana: