• Yes and I loved it

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Yes and I hated it

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

vonte422

Is it avacado that many ladies were using in their hair at one point. I have alot and I was going to use them for eating and realized how much I dont like them so I decided to try it in my hair. I am going to experiment over the weekend. I was thinking of mashing and mixing an avacado with a honey and some conditioner but I dont know what the purpose of this is I just dont want to waste it. I also have an abundance of bananas:grin:.

Any suggestions, recipes (food and hair) are appreciated

Kay.Dee

I've tried it and didn't see anything spectacular. I used it with coconut milk and it was more hassle than anything. My tub looked like a disgusting swamp and it took forever to drain. A few weeks later I had to call maintenance to unclog my drain.

drasgrl

I've tried it and didn't see anything spectacular. I used it with coconut milk and it was more hassle than anything. My tub looked like a disgusting swamp and it took forever to drain. A few weeks later I had to call maintenance to unclog my drain.

Same here. I tried it but can't say I loved or hated it. I don't see why people waste good food on their hair especially with food being so high now. Avocado, honey, coconut milk, I'd much rather eat it :lick: than put it on my hair.

abbygirl

my hair came out really soft and felt sooo smoth and silky the first time i used it. i blended avocado egg and olive oil..d egg was a mistake cos i had cooked egg on my hair for days and it was mistaken for dandruff:perplexed,
the second time i tried it wasnt that great..i dint get dat silky smooth feeling, dunno y.

Everything Zen

I seriously love avocado to eat too much to waste it on my hair. There are way to many awesome products out there for that. :grin:

Daisy'sHair

Love a nice ripe Haas avocado to eat with either a sprinkle of sea salt or a dash of balsalmic vinegar. As far as using the actiual avocado in my hair... I'd rather eat it and use an avocado oil or a butter on my hair.

Everything Zen

I love Avocados!!!! But I love Food in my hair, too...........This has proven to be my secret for incredible growth and shine.....

But I seriously go on binges when I eat a few each week. I could see myself trying to lick my hair. Don't let me get a hold of salsa and lime too. :lick:

MD_Lady

I am a HUGE fan of the avocado. :grin: They could work hair miracles and I'd never know because, in my mind, they work best when eaten!!! :grin:

adw425

I love avocados -- well guacamole. I make it every week. I also puree them for a hair masque. I use a bit of moisturizing conditioner, honey, oil (avocado, olive, shea, camellia, coconut, whatever is handy). I'll also throw in some powdered herbs, maybe some whey protein, coconut milk, yogurt. I will do the same thing with bananas and I have used both the avocados and bananas together. The last time my hair came our very hard because I used way too much banana; usually my hair comes out wonderfully soft and strong --like you can pull on it. I use my stick blender to puree and I also whisk and I have no problem with it being lumpy and/or with bits and pieces having to be rinsed out.

Jynkx

i love using avacado in my hair. in fact i love to use edible things period.

1 avacado
1 banana
EVOO
castor oil
egg (optional)

use the blender to make creamy. put in hair, cover, go find something to do for a while. then rinse.

notes
* must use blender. i thought i could skip this step if i tried to make sure to mash everything by hand. dosent work. you WILL have fruit bits in your hair if you "half step" on this.

* if you do use egg, there is to be NO heat whatsoever. you even want to rinse with cool water. NOT WARM. or you will have the cooked egg bits in your hair that i have heard mentioned here on LHCF.

MAMATO

Try to blend an avocado with 2 tbl spoons of wheat germ oil and use it as a prepoo. Works great for me. One of my Algerian friend gave me that beauty secret years before lhcf, and I was prepooing without even knowing that. :grin: The smell is strong though but the results are great. The mix is so moisturizing. Make sure it is thick and smooth before applying it on your length. HTH

vonte422

oh thank you so much ladies, i cant wait to try. just a quck question the same methid applies with bananas?

Lucky's Mom

I love avocados -- well guacamole. I make it every week. I also puree them for a hair masque. I use a bit of moisturizing conditioner, honey, oil (avocado, olive, shea, camellia, coconut, whatever is handy). I'll also throw in some powdered herbs, maybe some whey protein, coconut milk, yogurt. I will do the same thing with bananas and I have used both the avocados and bananas together. The last time my hair came our very hard because I used way too much banana; usually my hair comes out wonderfully soft and strong --like you can pull on it. I use my stick blender to puree and I also whisk and I have no problem with it being lumpy and/or with bits and pieces having to be rinsed out.

Girl you are the natural hair queen - So I am going to try your recipe!!!
:grin:

Lucky's Mom

I agree with the Blending.... Very important in mixing products....

:grin: