Aveda Smooth Infusion!

Moroni

Has anyone tried this yet? I've received an invitation to pick up a trial of the Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother, and I wanted to find out if I should pick it up and use it in a mixture to set my hair after my relaxer tomorrow, if you can use it that way.

luvmesumhair

Has anyone tried this yet? I've received an invitation to pick up a trial of the Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother, and I wanted to find out if I should pick it up and use it in a mixture to set my hair after my relaxer tomorrow, if you can use it that way.
Oh you can use it that way. That is how the lady at the counter told me to use it.

crazydaze911

i have some of the conditioner at home, but i havent used it yet. I've used Brilliant and it makes my hair super soft. the lady in the salon said smooth infusion is even BETTER! I'm just trying to use up all of my brilliant and other conditioners first. so i'll be eagerly awaiting ur review.:grin:

Moroni

Thank you so much for your replies. I think I'll just stick with the Aveda DR, since I have that already. I was just trying to decide what to use to set my hair with, and since it's free....

HoneyDew

I got that postcard. I say go pick it up, at least. Like you said it's free.

I love those Aveda samples. I have yet to use the shower gel that I got from them last month.

Moroni

The jury's still out! I couldn't fit the pickup in my schedule yesterday in time for my appointment today. BTW, I've got to post an apology thread to my stylist....everything worked out just fine!

comike

I just picked up the Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother. Just wondering if anyone here as tried it. It states that it defends against humidity for upt to 12 hours. I can't wait to give this a try during the humid days of summer.

imani97

I bought the style prep last week and set w/ it yesterday. It made my hair feel very soft, but unfortunately my rollerset didn't come out well so I didn't take pictures like I would have liked to. It also didn't make my hair look as moisturized as when I use Salerm 21 for my leave-in. That never fails. :nono: I had washed and conditioned w/ the damage remedy line, including using the treatment. I think that it may not have turned out as I would have liked because I need a good trim and I am ten weeks post and cannot rollerset very well at that point. I also chelated using Joico before using the DR line because I felt that I had build up.

Moroni

Imani, if you use it after relaxing, please post your results. If the smooth infusion is not as good as the DR, then I'll not even bother! I don't want to mess up a good thing I've got going here with the DR.

angellazette

I used the prep last night when I blowdried and flatironed my hair. I was able to get my hair sleeker than usual. I don't know how it'll hold up in humidity though since it is still cold out but it did drizzle this morning and I haven't had any reversion. I mixed it with the USC and applied to my hair in 4 sections. I'll try to take a pic later.

HoneyDew

I have to go get this by Friday. It think is expires then. I am goingt o try to make it there one day this week to get it. I will report back if I decide to use it.