Avocado Butter

J Glazin

Hey Ladies,

I just purchase avocado butter. I was wondering what to add with it for great moisture

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

I use it in my braids and twists for moisture.... It makes my hair soft and it stays moisturized...I love it. I think it would be heavy for releaxed hair...you could only use a very small dab on the ends perhaps.

Irresistible

I always used it alone!

I loved the very first batch I got of it, the next one was kinda waxy so I never got it again

J Glazin

Hey everyone
Yes I know I am still on the Avocado butter. So I was so excited when I recieved my avocado butter in the mail. I decided to use it as a daily moisturizer by adding castor oil, glycerin, and olive oil. I mixed it all up while it was at its liquid stage and then I put in the fridge to become solid. Basically, I do not really like how my hair feels. It feels thick which is good but also it feels really heavy. Help ladies!! :nono: I might have mixed it with the wrong oils. Or am I using it too much. I read a thread that someone mix it with their conditioner. Is that a good idea. I just brought the butter and I just do not want it to go to waste.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

ajoyfuljoy

Hey everyone
Yes I know I am still on the Avocado butter. So I was so excited when I recieved my avocado butter in the mail. I decided to use it as a daily moisturizer by adding castor oil, glycerin, and olive oil. I mixed it all up while it was at its liquid stage and then I put in the fridge to become solid. Basically, I do not really like how my hair feels. It feels thick which is good but also it feels really heavy. Help ladies!! :nono: I might have mixed it with the wrong oils. Or am I using it too much. I read a thread that someone mix it with their conditioner. Is that a good idea. I just brought the butter and I just do not want it to go to waste.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

That castor oil might be the culprit. also glycerin needs to be watered down a lot. Or if you put in only a small, very small, amount it should be OK

I like mixing butters with coconut oil. It's light, it works and it's a nice compliment to whatever you put it in IMO.

If it was me, I would have only added coconut oil to it. It will make it smoother. And then you can put it in the fridge and make it as liquidy or thick as you want.

Last edited: