Avocado Butter

Candy_C

RAVE: Avocado Butter

..has gave me the sexyiest, smoothest airdry ever.

my hair is supple, "juicy" (my word for moisturized) and shiiiiiineyyyy

As this was my alternative for real avocado, (i think i like it BETTER :look: )

I've encorporated an organic south african Avocado Butter into my regime, bye bye keracare. I've given these to my mother. As my hair gets longer, it needs more moisture, and i've found my new hair boyfriend.

i washed with keracare hydrating, conditioned with avocado conditioner type 2 and then patted dry, then added Avocado butter mixed with my staple, EVCO (extra virgin, coconut oil).

I'm going to take a photo as soon as i'm freshened up!

I wish somebody told me about this b4, (its like whipped margerine, and melts as soon as you rub the palms together) i've put it on my skin so i can get tan and sun protection too :D

P.s i'm updating my regime for those who have requested it :)

Last edited:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Re: RAVE: Avocado Butter

Candy_C said:
..has gave me the sexyiest, smoothest airdry ever.

my hair is supple, "juicy" (my word for moisturized) and shiiiiiineyyyy

That's what I'm looking for: an end to dry, lifeless, bland hair!

Candy, send me a PM when you get a chance about the type you think I should buy... ;)

ETA: I have the avocado butter from FNWL and the Vatika Coconut Oil. Never thought about mixing them together.

Last edited:

Candy_C

oh my gawd, this is the curliest airdry i've ever had, MY HAIR BONE DRY HERE. it sets the wet curl you get when you wash

i added more water to the front as my regroqth is frizzy baaad

i sprinkled with water and added a smidgen of avocado butter at the front and slick back witha boar brush

i'm in love

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com usa

http://www.aromantic.co.uk

wooooooooooooooooooo

i'm actually wearin this pony out now 2 show off

Last edited:

Candy_C

Serenity_Peace said:
It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! You must have to use a lot of butter for all dat hair, gurl! ;)

lol you would be surprised!!! i used a dollop of avocado, and then a dollop of coconut oi lalst night

all i did today was spritz with more water to recover a wet curl

and then scrunched in some avocado butter in the ends and roots!!

i love this look, i lok like a naural 2c or sumfin lol

Candy_C

camellia said:
Your hair looks great, Candy! :)

Another avocado butter convert! :clap:

thankyou!! i took your recommendations and tried it myself!! it gives em a very natural curl

:p

Kurlee

I get so confused when people talk about butters, cuz some say its moisturizing,some say its to seal? Is this moisturizing, i would love to try it. My hair has been dry lately.

Ur hair is gorgeous by the way and u and bubblin are definitely my hair inspirations, length and thickness are on point! Good job gurl!

HoneyDew

I have used other butters like Hemp seed and Aloe and I LOVE them. I am sure I would love the Avocado, as well. I get my butters from an Ebay seller. I am going to check if she has Avocado.

HoneyDew

Kurlee said:
I get so confused when people talk about butters, cuz some say its moisturizing,some say its to seal? Is this moisturizing, i would love to try it. My hair has been dry lately.

Ur hair is gorgeous by the way and u and bubblin are definitely my hair inspirations, length and thickness are on point! Good job gurl!

Alone, they are not really moisturizing for me. But they do support moisture. I don't have any dryness problem with my hair, but when it does look a little parched and I apply a light moisturizer, butters work well to seal the deal for me - better than oils and WAY better than grease. Those seem to melt down and make my hair feel oily/greasy. Butters don't really do that for me.

Also, as I just put in this month's Hit/Miss, My scalp has been really dry. :( I have not been drinking my water the way I am supposed to and stopped taking all vitamins/supplements. I used a LITTLE hemp seed butter on my parched scalp and it was wonderful. :love: I don't think I will have to do it again until a few days after my next wash.

Candy_C

Kurlee said:

:) thanks
i think anythign is moisturizing aslong as u spray with water FIRST

i've had grease that moisturizes, aslong as i spray water 1st

Str8~Curly

This may be the answer to my hair problem. I am through with moisturizing products- they just build-up on my hair and eventually cause dryness and dullness. I have been using only coconut oil and I love it, but I just need a bit more-something just a teeny bit heavier to mix with it. Shea butter is too heavy for me, so I’m going to try this next. Thanks Candy-C. It’s amazing how you have that thickness along with all of that length. Beautiful hair.

scarcity21

i know right...and that pony....thick! i used avocado butter once and i dont like how it left my hair greasy....same with shea...am i using them the wrong way????? i use it on damp hair and when it dries...my hair is greasy.....im natural 4b by the way....i need something to give my hair moisture not grease...somebody help me:lol:

stargazer613

ITA about Avocado Butter! it isn't too heavy and does a great job moisturizing.....Candy C, your ponytail is to die for! I love how thick it is.

Cichelle

I first learned about avocado butter from someone who used to post on this forum, but hasn't in a while. That was almost two years ago. She has such beautiful hair and I loved how it looked when she used avocado butter, so I bought some. And the rest is history. That stuff is great. I also love hemp seed butter.

Candy, your ponytail looks very pretty.

blue_flower

stargazer613 said:
ITA about Avocado Butter! it isn't too heavy and does a great job moisturizing.....Candy C, your ponytail is to die for! I love how thick it is.

I love her ponytail too! She has beautiful hair! :)

Candy_C

scarcity21 said:
i know right...and that pony....thick! i used avocado butter once and i dont like how it left my hair greasy....same with shea...am i using them the wrong way????? i use it on damp hair and when it dries...my hair is greasy.....im natural 4b by the way....i need something to give my hair moisture not grease...somebody help me:lol:

hey!

give it a day to soak in

and you wont even have to moisturise again!!

i put my avocado on yes2day, and 2day no need for more, i juss added water to bring back a curl (water on its own usually gives me frizzy dry looking hair but not 2day :)) and bunned under.try just using it once every 5-7days and give it a lil time to soak in

Candy_C

gradygirl said:
I like avocado butter but I LOVE avocado butter mixed with avocado oil.

i've done this once XXXXXX MOISTURE!!!

even if it rains or i sweat a lil, my hair has this barrier of butter and it hods my style perfectly

cant wait to use this on blowdried hair!

Candy_C

Sar-I said:
This may be the answer to my hair problem. I am through with moisturizing products- they just build-up on my hair and eventually cause dryness and dullness. I have been using only coconut oil and I love it, but I just need a bit more-something just a teeny bit heavier to mix with it. Shea butter is too heavy for me, so I’m going to try this next. Thanks Candy-C. It’s amazing how you have that thickness along with all of that length. Beautiful hair.

your welcome! and thankyou :D

sprap a lil water on the hair first so it has something to cling to.

GoingNatural

I've wanted to use this for awhile, but I had a bad experience with Shea butter and haven't wanted to waste my money on butters since.

When I think of butter i think of the texture of, well, butter. When I received my shea butter it was hard as a brick and the only way to use it was to melt it. I don't have time to melt a product in a microwave, I just want to be able to slap something directly on my head. I think that's why i've stuck to Coconut oil even though I'm not a fan anymore--it just melts directly in your hand.

Does avocado butter melt in your hand, or at least can it be used directly from the jar? I keep seeing posts about people whipping and mixing and melting in microwaves. I don't want to do all that but i still want the best results.

So my question is can avocado butter be used directly from the jar or will i have the same problems that i had with shea butter.

Candy_C

GoingNatural said:
I've wanted to use this for awhile, but I had a bad experience with Shea butter and haven't wanted to waste my money on butters since.

When I think of butter i think of the texture of, well, butter. When I received my shea butter it was hard as a brick and the only way to use it was to melt it. I don't have time to melt a product in a microwave, I just want to be able to slap something directly on my head. I think that's why i've stuck to Coconut oil even though I'm not a fan anymore--it just melts directly in your hand.

Does avocado butter melt in your hand, or at least can it be used directly from the jar? I keep seeing posts about people whipping and mixing and melting in microwaves. I don't want to do all that but i still want the best results.

So my question is can avocado butter be used directly from the jar or will i have the same problems that i had with shea butter.

IT SHOULD melt in your hand on contact - just like butter you use on bread!

pure avocado is always soft and buttery, as soon as you rub your palms together its melted :)

maybe you've read this about mango or shea butter?

hemp seed butter is also soft consistency.

you can scoop it in your hands like a pomade
no need for a microwave with avocado

it would kill all the great nutients anyway

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
GoingNatural said:

Yes, it can be used directly from the jar. It's very soft and melts in your hand. It's soooo moisturizing. I thought that Shealoe (Shea Butter + Aloe) was the most moisturizing butter out there, but since using Avocado butter, my hair is much more moisturized and softer.