Avocado delight

FLAME

Hey guys.

I was just reading posts, stroking my hair (it feels kind of dry on the ends) when I came up with this idea. * if this recipe was addressed before, sorry*

I was wondering how my hair would feel if I did a pre-shampoo with a mixture of avocado, coconut milk, honey and a oil (I'm thinking carrot oil)

I plan on getting a whole avocado, and slicing it up and put it in my blender along with coconut milk, honey and the oil.

does anyone know if this concotion would be considered a protien or moisturising treatment?

tell me what you guy think.
thanks in advance

MiaLi

Your idea sounds great! I read an article recently that suggested a simplified version of your recipe:

Make your own intense moisturizing hair mask at home for just pennies. Get an avocado, crush it up, and add enough olive oil in with it to make a paste-like substance. Pop it in the microwave, nuke for about 20 seconds, massage it thoroughly through your hair, and rinse about half an hour later. You'll have calmer, tamer, healthier hair in under an hour.

FLAME

thanks guys, I got the avocado on my way home I'll tell you how it turns out.

JazzAngel

Hello Flame,
At this time I have been using the avocado as a strengthening treatment every two weeks. I once added coconut milk. In my opinion, the avocado tends to be more of a protein treatment than moisture treatment. It tends to leave my hair a bit stiff and my strands are also a bit more straight after using. There is soo much oil in the avocado that it seems pointless to add aditional oils. Anyway Avocado oil is surpose to be penetrating and very good for the hair.

After applying to my washed hair, I sit under the steam cap for 20 minutes then I leave the treatment in for another 30 minutes sometimes longer. Then I rinse out and apply a moisturising conditioner to softer my hair. I also use a leave in similar to the scurl. This tends to combat that stiff feeling I get after the avocado. After the moisture my hair tends to feel smoother, it tangles less and it feels very stronger. I can rake my fingers though without my hair breaking off.

I really love this treatment alot.

soslychic

Where can I find the smooth avocados? It seems that everywehre I go only has the bumpy ones. Someone mentioned that those break there hair and that I should look for the smooth ones.
JazzAngel, which did you use?