Coconut Milk & Avocado

Louisex3

So i'm planning on trying some sort of coconut milk DC concoction because I'm a PJ and lawd knows I'm weak.

Popular consensus seems to mix the coconut milk with avocado and honey, but I used avocado once and it was awful, i had bits of browning avocado in my hair for dayyysss even though I had carefully mashed it

So two questions:
1. Who else uses coconut milk with anything other than avocado and honey?

2. If you successfully put avocados in your hair products - what is your secret? how do you do it without avocado in your hair for days?!

thanks in advance

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
So i'm planning on trying some sort of coconut milk DC concoction because I'm a PJ and lawd knows I'm weak.

Popular consensus seems to mix the coconut milk with avocado and honey, but I used avocado once and it was awful, i had bits of browning avocado in my hair for dayyysss even though I had carefully mashed it

So two questions:
1. Who else uses coconut milk with anything other than avocado and honey?

2. If you successfully put avocados in your hair products - what is your secret? how do you do it without avocado in your hair for days?!

thanks in advance

I have a hand mixer. I whip the really ripe, soft avocado really well. Until it's smooth and creamy. Add a little coconut oil and coconut cream or milk. Then, if it's too runny, add a really thick conditioner until it's a nice thick consistency.

The key is whipping it really smooth. I never gave a problem washing it out.

I put coconut cream or milk in everything from henna to conditioners.

faithVA

You can replace the avocado with banana baby food.

The key to using avocado, banana or plantain as moisturizers is to make sure they are beyond ripe (really soft and beyond edible). Then blend them in a blender or food processor. You want all the ingredients blended together (milk, avocado and honey) that way they are consistently applied to the hair and they wash out easily.

You also may want to add a little oil to the mix to make application smoother.