Awww, come on and admit it (Ampro gel)

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Who still uses Ampro styling gel? I can say I have not touched the stuff since high school,but I may go and grab me another jar. Is it true that it contains protein? This summer I have been enjoying placing my hair in a low ponytail puff and since I wash my hair daily while wearing this style, I want to go ahead and use the Ampro gel. Has anyone had good success with this gel?

Innocent_Kiss

I've only been in this hair care 'journey' for a couple of months, so it hasn't been that long since I've stopped using it. However, I do admit to using it recently *cough* like this morning. Not that is works so well, but because everyone in my house uses it -- so when my Let's Jam! hair jam is ran out that's what's around until I can get some more. When I do use it (which is rarely) I usually dilute it with water. As far as my use of Ampro Gel, I've experienced a lot of breakage from it. Well, before coming into the knowledge of hair care, the word "protein" on the bottle made me think it was a good thing. Protein usually has dry effects on hair and she be used with moderacy. Using a lot of undiluted Ampro Gel caused my hair to be brittle and dry, so my hair had no elasticity and had a lot of build up which caused breakage. I recommend using Aloe Vera butter (whip like consistance) or Aloe Vera Gel diluted with a moisturizing oil. It's more natural and it'll have the same effects.

IrisDaVirus

I've started using it again. However, I only use it on my hairline. It does rinse easily from my hair, so I haven't had a problem with buildup. Since I no-poo everyday, I haven't experience any dryness either.

Karonica

Is this the brown gel? Because if so, I keep it around in case I want to do certain styles with extra hold.
It never flakes with me though.

Tracy

I use it all the time. Especially in the winter when I want a thick gel to keep my hair nice and sleek.

I've never had trouble with breakage. I sometimes mix it with serum.

OnceUponAtime

I love that gel! Cheap and my comb glides through. Never rough, never flaky. It's not the "bad" protein, so I'm able to use it everyday. I wouldn't be able to transition without it.

I have to say though, it doesn't perform like a holding gel for me. It mostly helps to coat my hair so it's less frizzie and resists humidity.

inthepink

I'm curious to know why you want to use this gel? Would you consider other gels that work just as well but without the bad effects of this gel? I'd recommend Fantasia Frizz Buster gel b/c it contains no alcohol, has sunscreen, good ingredients like aloe vera and has silk protein which softens hair. Also, a lot of people like Fantasia IC Gel with Sparklites. It is a thicker gel but doesn't have all the good ingredients of the Frizz Buster Gel. Good luck in whatever you decide!

henrilou

I didn't know that the brown gel breaks hair off... I am in love with "Pro-style" it is the only thing that holds my hair-line down the week before I get a wash/press.Also it's soooo cheap. That's too bad... I going to have to think about this. Maybe I'll get some aloe-vera juice and expiriment.

Tonya

I use it almost everyday and I no poo daily. No problems no dryness what so ever. Hair is thick as ever nad it is still growing VERY well. I also moisturize alot with it.

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
henrilou said:
I didn't know that the brown gel breaks hair off... I am in love with "Pro-style" it is the only thing that holds my hair-line down the week before I get a wash/press.Also it's soooo cheap. That's too bad... I going to have to think about this. Maybe I'll get some aloe-vera juice and expiriment.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.