Ayurveda Questions

SmartyPants

Hi...

I didn't want to take over an Ayurveda Challenge thread with my questions so I created a new thread.

I have to admit that the Ayurveda process has me really confused. So, I am thinking about transitioning into it slowly.

I am thinking about doing the following:

(1) Pre-poo with Dabur Alma Oil (can I sit under the dryer with this?)

(2) Wash with a Shikaki Bar.

(3) Deep condition with my usual moisturizing conditioner.

(4) Seal with Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil.

(5) Rollerset as usual.

Experienced Ayurveda folks, does this seem like a decent start for a total novice to Ayurveda? Keep in mind I am completely lost about the powders and tea thing so I want to skip those until I get my feet wet with this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eisani

I can understand you wanting to start another thread, the others can be overwhelming!

To answer your question, I think its a great way to introduce yourself to ayurveda. It's similar to how I got started, in addition to Hairveda. I started w/Hairveda, then the oils, then incorporated the shikakai and aritha bars and worked up from there. You're on the right track :yep:

Last edited:

flowinlocks

I agree, you are on the right track.:yep: And yes you can use heat with your prepoo. Welcome to the world of Ayurveda!:grin::reddancer:

ShantWhite

I am very new to using Ayurvedic products, and this is pretty much EXACTLY what I do. The only difference is that I apply Amla oil to my scalp the night before washing. Otherwise, I've been having great success with this method. HTH

Muse

Thanks... I've been wanting to try Ayurveda for almost six months but it seemed so overwhelming.

You are right it is VERY overwhelming. So many powders that each have their own uses. I am new as well and I think you are starting off right-SLOW. I have read a lot of threads here and on other hair boards and I find the ones that have issues with Ayurvedic powders are the ones who rush in, mixing 4-6 powders right off adding extra "goodies" w/o knowing the reaction it may have with the powders on the hair. That to me is a recipe for disaster and then they post that Ayurveda made their hair hard or break off and it doesn't work. Every powder is not going to agree with every head of hair but you have to make sure you are using it right before you write it off. As a newbie to this I know I can't start off doing what the more experienced ones do.
I am using one powder at a time (just paste and water) to see how my hair likes it. So far so good. Good luck and keep us posted as you move further along. Ayurveda haircare is healthy and that to me is exciting!:yep: