[b]Transitioners:Do U ALWAYS wear Ur Hair..[/b]

healthyhair2

Straight or Curly?

Meaning , do you blow it out , Flat iron or Press? Or is it easier to do Twist outs, Braid outs or other curly styles? Do you Protective style constantly? A transitioning sister wants to know! I want to know , "What works best for you and if you have wavy, curly, coily or Kinky hair."

*forgive me, after ALL these years, I am trying new features on this board :) *

Last edited:
I'm PSin this whole time. I'm actually currently in the wet bun challenge AND No heat challenge. I've heard of TOO many people who heat damaged their hair while transitioning and were not happy with their natural hair after they BC'd. I'm just taking precautions...

I style my hair pretty much in any of the styles (depending on how my hair wants to act that day mentioned) except I only use heat when I have somewhere special to go and even then I will only use one form (blow out or flat iron, never both)

I learned wayyyy before joining this board not to fight my hair but work with it.

I always wear my hair straight. I either roller set and flat iron or I blow dry and flat iron. It's easier for me to deal with the two different textures if I keep my hair uniform.

I have not worn my hair straight since January, and when I do, I get it professionally done. I have worn a variation of my siggy style since month 9. This protective style has been a lifesaver.

I've blow dried twice since beginning my transition. I normally wear braidouts, buns, ponytails are sometimes wigs. I won't be wearing my hair straight again until October or November.

Back