"Back In The Day" Hairstyles

InJesusName

Hi ladies! I was looking through some of my old high school photos this past weekend, and I had to laugh! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I was in high school thorugh the mid-to-late-eighties (ya'll remember). I got my hair done every two weeks, and my hair styles would last the entire two weeks! As long as I had an extra bottle of Pump It Up, I was good!

Who else can remember the days of brown gel, spritz, and super hard hair? I KNOW I am not the only one who sported scrunches, finger waves, french rolls (with accessories and extra spritz of course), and "cruncny" rod sets?

LHCF...Where were you then???:lachen:

HHAAHHAHAHAHA -- OMG!! I had my hair spritz & stacked!! I dont know what possessed me to cut half of my hair off diagonally like Salt n Peppa -- Remember that hair style all Asymmetrical?

WomanlyCharm

Hey, I know I looked good with my Jerri Curl! ;)
My hair was really long back then too...bouncing and spraying greeze whereever I went, I was the BOMB!!!! :lachen::lachen:

Avin'sMom2010

MEMORIES :). I was just looking at a picture of me with the "freeze" in the front, hair added in the back to look shoulder length, y'all know the freeze grew some hair, cus' we couldn't comb or scratch for atleast 2 weeks, one time I went 2 months straight and it still looked pretty good, lol.

Elizabeth26

Yeah I remember those days. I use to love to get a wrap in the front, a scrunch in the top and the back hanging. I remember my friend use to fuss at me if I washed it out before two weeks.

InJesusName

THIS IS HILARIOUS! I HAD STACKS TOO!! WHAT ABOUT THE MUSHROOM YALL? I WAS TOO CUTE BECAUSE MINE CAME OVER MY LEFT EYE. ALL MY FRIENDS THOUGHT I WAS COCK-EYED FOR A YEAR!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Avin'sMom2010

InJesusName said:
THIS IS HILARIOUS! I HAD STACKS TOO!! WHAT ABOUT THE MUSHROOM YALL? I WAS TOO CUTE BECAUSE MINE CAME OVER MY LEFT EYE. ALL MY FRIENDS THOUGHT I WAS COCK-EYED FOR A YEAR!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

LOL, my cousin use to wear her hair like this everyday!!! all you could see was one eye loaded heavily with thick BLACK EYELINER top lash and bottom lash, oh and black eye liner around her lips....ha ha he he those were the days :)

caribeandiva

Human being
the only style i remember fondly is when i was young and i twisties in the front and back and the rest pulled into "ponytail".

2cute2B4gotten

Ok, my faux pas was spraying my hair with hair spray and then crimping it until it was crunchy! It is no wonder why my hair basically stayed one length for about 2 years....:lol:

I really thought I was doing something, too....with my stiff hair!:lol:

Undefeated Queen

Assymetrical bobs, stacked haircut,fingerwaved in the front and rodded in the back, body and scrunch waves, freeze curls, the bang where one side was flipped up and the other side was curled under, crimps, twisties in the front and curly in the back. Oh yeah.

Denim And Leather

I remember all those 80's hairstyles, lol! Does anyone remember the mullet? I'd see black chicks with their hair short on the sides, shaved really low and long in the back. The look was completed with bamboo earrings and bicycle shorts! :lachen: :lachen:

Caramela

My favorite and the one I "rocked" to my homecoming dance was fingerwaves going back and "lifted" and the back out and bumped under :lol: Oh, and don't forget that blonde spray to add just a little touch of blonde somewhere!

kinascott

OMG This brings back so many good memories. The fingerwaves then lifted in the middle (I can still hear the hair breakage :)) I was famous for the cut one side shorter stacked bob. (you go girl!) Don't forget the all around flip, boy those were the good old days. As I type I smile because it just makes me feel all mushy inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firecracker

Hey I remember rocking the mushroom hairstyle and a full head bun using a rolled tubetop like you ladies use a sock on a ponytail. :lachen:

Cayenne0622

Oh how I loved the asymetrical cut. My hair was long then! But I really loved by blk girl mullet of the 90's. lololol Two jazzy hairstyles combined into one!! buhahahaha Short and perfectly cut on top and almost to my brastrap in the back. Oh my!! It was easy to grow that hairstyle because the front and top wasn't involved. lolololol

punchinella

firecracker said:
Hey I remember rocking the mushroom hairstyle and a full head bun using a rolled tubetop like you ladies use a sock on a ponytail. :lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: I remember the tube top, I don't think I ever wore it as a shirt. It was like a big halo. :lachen:

SerenityBreeze said:
HHAAHHAHAHAHA -- OMG!! I had my hair spritz & stacked!! I dont know what possessed me to cut half of my hair off diagonally like Salt n Peppa -- Remember that hair style all Asymmetrical?

:lachen: Yes I had that same hairstyle. Back then you would have had to fight me if you told me I wasn't cute:lachen:

DAX

I had my hair cut short with tail in the back that hung down my neck. I wore that hairstyle with some big earrings. That ish was the bomb back in the eighties. Oh, and I had my dark rinse jeans and my name belt that completed my look.

Those were the days!

Queenie

The eighties were a long time ago. Maybe you guys should post pics to refresh my memory. The descriptions aren't enough. :sekret:

DAX said:
I had my hair cut short with tail in the back that hung down my neck. I wore that hairstyle with some big earrings. That ish was the bomb back in the eighties. Oh, and I had my dark rinse jeans and my name belt that completed my look.

Those were the days!

:lachen: :lachen: Girl, you were probabay fly!!! You had the dark jeans and the name belt? I wanted one of those soooo bad.:lol: But you couldn't tell me ish with my door knocker earrings!!

sylver2

I wanted the asymmetrical cut like salt n pepa soooo bad. My mother wouldn't let me get one. So I had to settle for a poofy, frizzy mushroom hairstyle.
I had my big gold SHRIMP earrings, I flattened them.
Had my white high top reeboks, my Triple Fat Goose, my gucci purse I was set

InJesusName

Ladies,

We CAN'T forget the men folks during this era!!! Remember the gumbie, Reagan...

You can't forget Kid's famous box (my brother always wanted his to grow that tall)

What about rat tails and those stupid little nap puffs at the nape of the neck (hey, I used to pull a little hair out of my pony tails and twist it with a barette on the end).

Oh yeah, don't forget about the designs that were cut into brothas heads! Barbers had to be artists back then. Yes, by boyfriend back then had the Nike swoosh cut into his head. It always looked a hot mess when it grew out.

We weren't the only ones that had fashion issues back then.:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Avin'sMom2010

sylver2 said:
Had my white high top reeboks, my Triple Fat Goose, my gucci purse I was set

Girl. you remember those reeboks came in ALL COLORS, bright red, bright yellow, bright blue, they just never looked right on me because I had chicken legs and toothpick ankles, LOL :(

MissYocairis

Queenie said:
The eighties were a long time ago. Maybe you guys should post pics to refresh my memory. The descriptions aren't enough. :sekret:

lol. I got some pics I will post 4 ya when I get to the house. They are NOT CUTE! (but they were back then!) :cool:

Mestiza

Back in the day, I was the queen of spritz and Aquanet. I used them to hold the front on my hair up b/c it was long and heavy. I thought that my hair wouldn't survive w/o them. :lol:

Mestiza

InJesusName said:
What about rat tails and those stupid little nap puffs at the nape of the neck (hey, I used to pull a little hair out of my pony tails and twist it with a barette on the end).

We weren't the only ones that had fashion issues back then.:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I saw a man wearing that hairstyle the other day. It was not cute on him, at all. :lol:

Divine_Order

I remember the "Swoop in the front, hump in the middle, french roll" With the sideburns gelled down to look like lil' swiggly worms.

Oh, I also remember getting my hair done in those ponytails that had that "waterfall' look to it, and the pin curl ponytails (too cute for prom)! Man, my hair STAYED crunchy with all that doggone spritz!:lol:

jamiette

I went to my prom with a ponytail made with stacked hard curls and :eek: ...gasp... :eek: rhinestones in different colors glued to each one of them. I just knew I was the ish. I look at those pics now and crack up laughing. Ok ya'll stop looking at me crazy. I know I wasn't the only one who spray painted my hair with rainbow glitter, and applied those damn rhinestones.LOL:lol: