Back of hair 6 months comparison pics

Qualitee

From late June to early Dec. I know my ends are thin But TLC will make them thicker. I think I made great progress in the past 6 months. Right now my thin ends are BSL:lachen:But at this rate Im going I think it will grow longer and my ends will thicken up.Im going to give my short hair time to grow longer so it can catch up Maybe by June i'll be Mbl But thicken up or not I will still cutting at least 2 - 3 inches off:yep:. Im having problems with breakage on the left side of my head. I figured out that my left side more protein then the other. Sometimes I use a protein conditioner on the left side and a moisture conditioner on the right. I know:look::lachen: But its working out great for me. The left side needs to get over themselves and stick with a the program Compared to the first pic do you ladies think Im doing something right? :giggle:

Oh yeah I flat ironed my hair in the last pic with my New FHI Platform in PINK. Loves it!! Got it for only $95+ and that included shipping!!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Tanisha77/my-hair/

Last edited:
Yes, you are definitely growing and it looks fuller in the second pic. You may consider trimming a little at a time now that it's BSL. That way you won't have to chop the three inches off all at once if you don't want to and still maintain BSL as it fills in. I suggest this because if you don't want to trim now, you really may not want to part with your ends at MBL.

But I also know from experience that if you cut the ends all at once, you will retain even more length because you don't have your weaker ends hindering your growth. That would equal one good trim and dustings thereafter (I'm not talking scissor happy trims every relaxer). You seem to have a solid reggie so it would grow back fast. Keep up the hair TLC that you have been following thus far! :yep:

Yes, you are definitely growing and it looks fuller in the second pic. You may consider trimming a little at a time now that it's BSL. That way you won't have to chop the three inches off all at once if you don't want to and still maintain BSL as it fills in. I suggest this because if you don't want to trim now, you really may not want to part with your ends at MBL.

But I also know from experience that if you cut the ends all at once, you will retain even more length because you don't have your weaker ends hindering your growth. That would equal one good trim and dustings thereafter (I'm not talking scissor happy trims every relaxer). You seem to have a solid reggie so it would grow back fast. Keep up the hair TLC that you have been following thus far! :yep:
Thanks you so much sweetie for the advise:yep::yep: I think I might cut it soon but not now:lol: But i'll think about it THANK YOU! :hug2:

Great progress!

I don't believe in trimming just because the ends appear "thin". Some people's strands are thinner. And most of the time, because strands are in different parts of their cycle, the hair thickens as it grows because shorter strands are catching up to longer ones.

Folks around here cut off all their progress over and over and then wonder why they don't reach their goals. If it's not damaged, IMO there's no reason to trim. If you just don't like the way it looks, then go ahead and trim.

Your hair looks great! Keep up the good work!

Great progress!

I don't believe in trimming just because the ends appear "thin". Some people's strands are thinner. And most of the time, because strands are in different parts of their cycle, the hair thickens as it grows because shorter strands are catching up to longer ones.

Folks around here cut off all their progress over and over and then wonder why they don't reach their goals. If it's not damaged, IMO there's no reason to trim. If you just don't like the way it looks, then go ahead and trim.

well gurl that is so true what you said. Everything that you said:grin: :lachen:Thank you so much for your input:yep::yep::yep:

Great progress!

I do agree that she has a point because your hair doesn't look damaged. That's why I suggested that if you choose to trim, you can do it a little at a time. But only you know your hair status. Are your ends unusually thin right now? Or does your hair normally grow this way? When my ends were thin due to bleach overprocessing, I did the little at a time thing. The only downside was that I was the same length for a while, but in less than 9 months, everything was the same thickness again. You're so lucky that you are already BSL. Whatever you choose to do will be the right decision for you! :yep:

Are your ends unusually thin right now? Since my hair has been growing my ends have been thin :)Or does your hair normally grow this way? I really dont know :lol: this is the first time Ive been tracking my hair growth :)When my ends were thin due to bleach overprocessing, I did the little at a time thing. I think over pressing has alot to do with it. gurl I use to put the relaxer cream all the way to the end. Havent done it in a year thoug :look:

Are your ends unusually thin right now? Since my hair has been growing my ends have been thin :)Or does your hair normally grow this way? I really dont know :lol: this is the first time Ive been tracking my hair growth :)When my ends were thin due to bleach overprocessing, I did the little at a time thing. I think over pressing has alot to do with it. gurl I use to put the relaxer cream all the way to the end. Havent done it in a year thoug :look:

Wow, I did consider that you wouldn't know because this is the first time you reached this length milestone. Me too, so I totally understand; I don't have a comparison either. :lachen:I think the relaxer through the ends probably hurt you more than the pressing. But it's obviously growing so you're doing some great things. Hmmm...I'm hoping someone will join this dicussion who has experienced your same situation. I was one of those folks who trimmed, but I wonder if there are some ladies who did the "let it fill in method." I'm interested in hearing their responses because I do think we can "over-cut' sometimes.

Great progress!

I agree with msa and I see this in your pics, Tanisha. The before pic had those thin ends but the after had that same area thick where the rest of your hair strands caught up.:yep: That's how I see it. Great progress.

I agree with msa and I see this in your pics, Tanisha. The before pic had those thin ends but the after had that same area thick where the rest of your hair strands caught up.:yep: That's how I see it. Great progress.
yea I agree the before pic was bad:nono::nono: I just want it to fill in alittle more so I can cut it

I can't wait to see your continued progress, Tanisha. Good luck and keep us posted with the results of your journey!

Back