Back on Crack!!!

diamondlady

Just relaxed after four and a half months and I have to say, my hair and head feels so good. I can see my scalp again. I swear my head was so sore that I could not sleep at night. I don't remember having a sore head or any of this when I was natural.

I was having to wet my hair every other day from all the new growth. I keep thinking of going natural but four and a half is the longest I have ever been able to go without the creamy crack. I'm so ADDICTED.

Ivonnovi

I feel you, I had to texlax my new growth.
But for aesthetic reasons, I'll try the transition thingy again in a few years. as

ajoyfuljoy

I felt the same way when I tried to transition. Manipulating the new growth made my scalp very sore :nono: Some ladies say this stops when you are totally natural but I was finally like, "If it ain't broke then don't fix it!"

I went back to relaxing and now I am also happy with my hair!

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Just relaxed after four and a half months and I have to say, my hair and head feels so good. I can see my scalp again. I swear my head was so sore that I could not sleep at night. I don't remember having a sore head or any of this when I was natural.

I was having to wet my hair every other day from all the new growth. I keep thinking of going natural but four and a half is the longest I have ever been able to go without the creamy crack. I'm so ADDICTED.
SHHHHHHHHHHHH

you can say that here!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

PassionFruit

awww man... as I got into my 11th week post-texturizer... I began to get sweaty palms & the shakes... I had NO HAIR LOSS when I combed my hair until that point.... then I started noticing hair in the comb... broken hairs upon my sink... a few hairs in the bottom of the shower...I was wondering exactly HOW much hair loss is considered TOO much to be losing daily

then came the racing heart & the shakes... Is this hair breakage?? point of demarcation loss?..part of my hair obviously much longer than others....
uh oh its the DTs.....

So do I go back to the creamy crack to smooth put my rough edges??

Do I reach for the haiRitalin to calm my fears??

that overpriced Mizani doesnt look so bad now...

Hmmm

on Wednesday as I pulled into week 12 post...I got my own hair braided in micros( no hair added)... that was a REAL reality check cuz I look like a overgrown 8 yr old.... my hair is thinner than I hoped and though its longer in the back, with the braids in, ya can really see how short the front & sides are
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

on the UPside... though my ends are unraveling already, I can still co-wash, DC, use Ayurveda teas and have low manipulation ( and even better NO HAIR LOSS int he comb, sink, etc) if I can hold on 2 weeks..taking me to 14 weeks post....then restyle and go for another 2 weeks to week 16 post.... I may can beat this thing afterall

as they say at the meetings.... One Day at a time....

I feel ya. I just made an attempt to relax this past weekend, and I still have these damn curls. I'm sick of em! This is the second time that I've relaxed my hair and it won't straighten. Maybe next time I'll use a super. Natural hair is not for me. My scalp hurts, my hair doesn't flow, I'm sick of wavy hair. I WANT IT STRAIGHT. More power to all of my natual sistas out there, I just can't do. No texlax, no texturizer, no natural. I want straight relaxed hair!:wallbash: