Baggy Method & Sour Smelling Hair

Zeal

I have a twa and I am doing the baggy method at night. :sleeping: However, My hiar does not smell that great the next day. :nono:

I usually sprtz it. Put a little MT on my scalp, EO leve in on the hair, topped with EVOO.

The morning smell would be a big eww.

Any advice:help:

Ermm...I don't get a bad smell but the smell of my conditioner when I'm in braids (I don't use any other product on my hair after washing). When wearing my hair out, I only use S Curl on my hair, and again no eew smell. I do wash my hair every 3 days or so, so maybe that helps.

I've never used MT but my guess is the eew is from it. Marine protein is one of the ingredients and while I've no clue how that smells, all I could think of was a fishy smell.

How often do you wash your hair? Is there anyway you could do the baggying with all those products the night before your wash, and then just do minimal product baggying other times? I think sometimes it's combining too many things on our hair that makes smell not so nice.

Another thing I just thought about, if you're a sweater (meaning you sweat more than the average person) all those products and then a baggy can just lead to a rather "interesting" mix of smells.

What about the plastic bag used, usually that is where smell rests...

True :yep: Maybe changing the plastic cap or washing it so you are always using a fresh one can help. I have so many plastic caps and usually wash them to reuse. After I've washed my hair, I usually reach for one of the clean ones or a brand new one, even though my hair doesn't usually get that dirty since I don't use products.

I baggy nightly, and often during the day. I do not have this problem, sorry, I have no idea what it could be from. I usually smell the product I used when I first remove the baggy, but nothing else.

Hope you find the source of your problem.

Try using African Royale Braid Spray along with your usual products when you baggy at night. This spray has a sweet smell. I do this and I don't have that "sour" smell in my hair in the morning. It works for me, even if I sweat at night.:yep: Hope this helps.

I think your hair should only be damp and it should not mildew in one night. In the morning you take off the cap and allow your hair to dry right? I think it's the MT.

I think your hair should only be damp and it should not mildew in one night. In the morning you take off the cap and allow your hair to dry right? I think it's the MT.

I have tried without products and there is no smwll and also DAMP hair.

I get this too, even though I wash 2x a week. I think it's because I'm a heavy sweater. The smell usually dissipates after a lil while tho, so I continue to baggy under my half wigs.

ok so i did a cowash with twists in my hair this morning and moisturized with a creamy lotion shea butter and oils, then baggie for the whole day, just took it off its still damp but since my hair is suffering from extreme dryness and breakage i want to know is it ok to co wash and do this everyday? i have decided to not use shampoo for a while either....

thanks.

Back