BALDIE! HEY BALDI!!!

Mz.MoMo5235

So this thread was inspired by a friend who seemed to just notice my hair had grown own lol

She made a comment about how "I bet you're glad your hair is coming back" and "I bet you wont do that again huh" at which point my reply was "I might. I loved my bald head"

So this is dedicated to all the baldies that ever were in this this forum. Whether you've decided to stay faded, just shaved it all of, or shaved it off forever ago and grew it back. Lets show our bald heads proudly :D

I'll start

Now post your baldie pix with pride!!!

Mz.MoMo5235

No thanks ma'am. :lol: Those days are gone for me. I looked cute, but I'm not trying to go back there. I like hair.:look:

That is the point of this though :lol: We can show that being bald is nothing to be scared of because we have all come back from it! Let others see that its not so scary to NOT have hair because it is just hair and will come back to us!

So come on *CherryPie* ! Post one of your baldies :yep:

BEAUTYU2U

I probably felt the prettiest when I BC'd. I was confident and had the most men checking for me at that time.

IronButterfly

Ok. I'll pitch one end. I loved my bald look, but couldn't stand the itchiness as the hairs grew in. Whew!

Attachments

• melaughingbald-vi.jpg
    melaughingbald-vi.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

I did the BC last year. I wasn't fond of my TWA and won't be cutting again, but hair does grow back.

First pic is the day I cut; second pic is 4-5 months later.

I love it! I was so mad it took so long for my hair to start curling again. I got scared for a few month that I started growing white people hair :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

I probably felt the prettiest when I BC'd. I was confident and had the most men checking for me at that time.

When I first cut it you couldnt tell me nothing girl!!! Every where was a cat walk to me lmao

It was that growing out process that had me all discombobulated

Mz.MoMo5235

Unfortunately, I avoided taking pics when I was a baldie. :lol:

I avoided a lot of the growing out part on camera. Thats when I was the most unhappy with my hair. I swear I slapped a phony pony on before I could even properly slick all my hair into a hair tie lol so I know the feeling

Mz.MoMo5235

Some people look great with very short hair ,but not me ...i looked like my brother...lol

I had no clue what I would look like bald. I just too a leap of faith and thought "If I looka like a man, at least I can get a good lace front application with the hair gone" lol

Mz.MoMo5235

I have told all of my friends and any female I've ever spoken to about this, that every female should shave off her hair at least once in her life. I felt very empowered by it, in control, like I broke free of some kind of hair prison I didnt even know I was in.

Ever since, my hair and I have had a totally different and IMO better relationship with each other :)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I've done it at least 10 times. I really respect the ladies who love the look,but it made me feel so manly. If I ever relax and transition again,it will be a very long transition!:nono:

naija24

I'll contribute.

I am not a baldie now and I don't think I will be ever again or for a long *** time, but!! I was a baldie for most of my natural adventures! It's always liberating at first, and I usually BC because I'm frustrated with my hair and just want a break lol, and then I get bored....and I relax again.

Plus Side:
wash days were a breeze!
never got hot from my hair

down side:
male attention was significantly lower
harder to feel feminine on "ugly days" aka time of the month

Other than that, if i wasn't in my current relationship, i'd probably be rocking a nice TWA or fade. idk. twa or pixie cut, I love short hair. I think I look good in any hair style really. It's about where I'm at during the cut.

2009 last semester of college

me in January of this year

Last edited:

IronButterfly

So this thread was inspired by a friend who seemed to just notice my hair had grown own lol

She made a comment about how "I bet you're glad your hair is coming back" and "I bet you wont do that again huh" at which point my reply was "I might. I loved my bald head"

So this is dedicated to all the baldies that ever were in this this forum. Whether you've decided to stay faded, just shaved it all of, or shaved it off forever ago and grew it back. Lets show our bald heads proudly :D

I'll start

Now post your baldie pix with pride!!!

MoMo5235 Honey you have cheekbones to die for. Can I borrow them for the weekend? :look:

IrrationalThoughts

Great thread. I love short hair on women. I actually find it to be more feminine than long hair. My BF hates it. Come to think of it I think my son does too. Always smiling when I put a wig on.