Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Avocado

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Neither or Both Please specify

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

La Colocha

Which is more moisturizing to you, banana or avocado. Im going to experiment and make a deep conditoner for next week. I am leaning twards avocado because my hair likes avocado butter and oil. This will be a moisturizing dc. I put a poll so people can vote. Any feedback is appreciated tia.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I voted for Avacado. Although I actually did like the Banana too.:look:

I made a Fabulous Mixture of 1 "Ripened" Avacado, Some Full-Fat Yogurt, a squirt of Mayo, some Extra Virgin Oil Oil, Grapeseed Oil etc...mixed. It whipped up very smooth, felt good and worked great.

I've also used Banana in the Homemade Caramel Treatment. Mixed it all up in the Blender. I enjoyed that as well and got great results.

However, I felt the Avacado Mixture was a little more Moisturizing.

I know Coconut doesn't work for you, but I also made the Coconut Lime Treatment with a little Honey, EVOO, etc...and enjoyed that one too.:rolleyes:

La Colocha

I voted for Avacado. Although I actually did like the Banana too.:look:

I made a Fabulous Mixture of 1 "Ripened" Avacado, Some Full-Fat Yogurt, a squirt of Mayo, some Extra Virgin Oil Oil, Grapeseed Oil etc...mixed. It whipped up very smooth, felt good and worked great.

I've also used Banana in the Homemade Caramel Treatment. Mixed it all up in the Blender. I enjoyed that as well and got great results.

However, I felt the Avacado Mixture was a little more Moisturizing.

I know Coconut doesn't work for you, but I also made the Coconut Lime Treatment with a little Honey, EVOO, etc...and enjoyed that one too.:rolleyes:

Thank you, i saw the carmel treatment but i don't have everything. Im just going to use what i have here.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Agave nectar
Banana or avocado?
afrodetangler
castor oil

Very simple stuff. Im going to make a batch and freeze it for next week. If i can't decide i might just use both banana and avocado.:look:

Sounds really good. If you using real banana, make sure you put it in the blender or food processor.:look:

*fabulosity*

Oh shoot.. we getting into mixology???? Make sure that a sample of that accidently falls into a priority mail box... lmao..

I say avocado.. but I'm biased.. I have never put banana in my hair... lol.

La Colocha

Oh shoot.. we getting into mixology???? Make sure that a sample of that accidently falls into a priority mail box... lmao..

I say avocado.. but I'm biased.. I have never put banana in my hair... lol.

You know i got you, Im not a mixtress but i can get down when i need to.

pri

I use both and they both are very moisturizing & work very well.

Last edited:

La Colocha

I'm in here taking notes!
One of the members here, Chamomille, has a avocado/banana DC mask that she swears by, I think it's worth giving a try. Chamomille, I hope you don't mind me posting the link:
http://public.fotki.com/chamomile/regimen/the-hairbucket/dsc01113-vi.html
Genius using the baby food instead of a real banana!

Thank you haute, i hope she comes in here. If ladies don't want to post but have experience with these foods, please feel free to vote. This is not only helping me but others who would like to experiment making their own dc's, thank you.

Eta: I had no idea that avocado the fruit was considered protein. I can't use alot of protein but this recipe sounds and looks yummy.

Last edited:

honeisos

Both sound good mixed together mmmm . a little evoo, honey, coconut milk ,too yummy. i wonder if you would have to strain it , all those bits of banana and avocado might be hard to rinse out ?

La Colocha

Both sound good mixed together mmmm . a little evoo, honey, coconut milk ,too yummy. i wonder if you would have to strain it , all those bits of banana and avocado might be hard to rinse out ?

Maybe use a blender or food processor to whip it smooth.

ladylibra

love avocado! haven't tried banana yet but probably will try it in conjunction with avocado, and definititely baby food banana as it's already smooth and easy to mix. :yep:

La Colocha

love avocado! haven't tried banana yet but probably will try it in conjunction with avocado, and definititely baby food banana as it's already smooth and easy to mix. :yep:

Thank you ladylibra you and your hair are beautiful. Thanks for stopping in.

La Colocha

Thanks ladies for all of your help. I went with the banana baby food.

Heres what i made

1/2 cup of yes to cucumbers conditoner
1 tablespoon castor oil
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
1/2 cup of afro detangler
4oz of banana baby food
2 tablespoons of white pure spun honey(looks like shea butter)

Whipped it all together with a mixer and it came out thick and creamy. It makes enough for 2 to 3 uses. Freeze the left overs. I encourage those who like to make their own things to experiment and have fun. The only things that i had to buy was the baby food and honey. $3.00 and some change total.

chebaby

i love the avocado treat i made last week. it was:
1 avocado
1/2 can of coconut milk
honey

i loved it but i found it to be like a protein treat than moisture.
i have more in the fridge that i am going to finish on sunday.

next week im making
banana
coconut milk
honey
olive oil
avocado oil

i hope i like that. now that i have a blender i wont be picking out chunks like i did the first time i tried banana.