Bantu style

AKA-Tude

I notice some ladies stating that they tie their hair bantu style at night.

Maybe there's been a previous thread on this, but for those of us who are new (or not-so-new), please enlighten us on the bantu style headwrap.

TIA

Hi everyone I am new to lhcf and I am loving this site I have tried bantu knots twice on my hair and for some reason some areas are wavy and others are straight please help.....do you know where i can see a video for bantu knots

I co-wash 2x/day. At night, I apply my oils/butters to my damp hair and then place my hair in bantu knots. After entire head is done, I cover w/ a scarf and go to bed. In the morning, I undo the knots and my hair feels really soft and moisturized. On the days that I don't feel like co-washing in the morning, I fluff out my knots and wear a fro.

IMG_0478-vi.jpg

Bantu Knots

IMG_0480-vi.jpg

Undoing knots

IMG_0490-vi.jpg

Fluffed out Bantu Knots fro

Thanks for this info guys... my problem is that I was trying to use bobby pins instead of rubberbands/hair elastics (DUH!)!

Thanks for this info guys... my problem is that I was trying to use bobby pins instead of rubberbands/hair elastics (DUH!)!

You don't have to do either as they can break your hair. I just loop my hair around and kinda tuck it under and it stays. I don't use anything to hold it in place.

You don't have to do either as they can break your hair. I just loop my hair around and kinda tuck it under and it stays. I don't use anything to hold it in place.

That is exactly how I do mine too. I have a picture of the results in my profile.

RZ~

Back