Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Other. Please Explain.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Do not use detangler. Please Explain.

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HairSupremacy

I am trying to find a good detangler. Joico detangler is very good, but very expensive. There is also a Mane N Tail detangler that is cheap, that I have not tried. If I could get something cheaper in price and that's works just as well as Joico, I would get it. Joico really can work through a tangle in seconds. What do you guys think?

For me, it has been Mane N Tail. But, I really don't use detangler much as I co-wash and DC my hair often each week and my NG and hair is much softer because of these techniques. However, if I didn't, MNT was the product that best worked. I do use it to comb my son's 3b/3c hair, though!

sharifeh

I've never used Joico but The mane n tail is awesome...i only use it before a wash though too much can make hair greasy

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i love Mane & Tail Detangler, it works very well for loosening my tangles and knots, and i don't have to use a lot.

also, if you want something a little bit creamier, Kids Organic Olive Oil and Shea Butter Detangling and Moisturizing Lotion (or sumtin like that :look: ) works wonders. my knots and tangles don't stand a chance with this stuff. ♥

Barbie83

I reallllly like the Mane n Tail detangler :yep:

Honorable mention: Victoria's Secret So Sexy Detangler (works well, but not as well as the Mane n Tail.....I use it if I'm going somewhere and want to smell sexy ;))

Enyo

I use GPB or Organic Root Conditioner while I finger comb followed by a widetooth if needed. I never considered using a detangler, but my hair sheds/dreads a lot because of my meds. Does it really make a difference in your hair?

KinkyGenius

Anybody ever use the Silken Child detangler? How does it compare to the Mane N' Tail?

I want to invest in a detangler, I've never used one before.

BoaterGirlKim

Infusium Leave-In is a miracle for my daughter's humonga-hair which we discovered when she was 9 - she's biracial, has super thick, curly rings and is still natural at age 15. It transformed our lives as I used to have to fight the tangles out of her hair until we found it, then she was able to actually start combing her own hair. However, though it's good on my new growth, it leaves my 4B relaxed hair dry as straw. I rely on weekly deep conditioning (Motions Silk Protein) then daily cowashing (V05 Strawberries and Cream) with moisturizer (Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1 or NTM) during the week to keep tangles at bay and NG under control.

chebaby

the best spray detangler is ojon revitalizing mist.
the best conditioner detsngler is oyin honey hemp conditioner.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Another Mane N' Tail(er) here (when I use a Detangler):yep:.

Lately, looking at L'anza Fruit Detangler with Noni Juice -- (sounds really interesting)......and healthy:grin:

jahzyira

Im 4a-b, 8 months post, with almost 4 inches of new growth and I must say.... Mane n Tail Braid Sheen Spray and the Detangler parted my thick, matted, locked newgrowth like the Red Sea.:yep:

winnettag

I've never tried the Joico, but Mane N Tail did absolutely nothing for me....it might as well have been water.
Next on my list is Kinky Curly Knot Today.

Minty

Another Mane N' Tail(er) here (when I use a Detangler):yep:.

Lately, looking at L'anza Fruit Detangler with Noni Juice -- (sounds really interesting)......and healthy:grin:

I have L'anza's Detangler, and its pretty good, but not for serious detangling jobs. It has a nice fragrance and it adds shine.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I use virgin coconut oil and it makes detangling a DREAM! I am 18 weeks post and whenever I saturate my hair with coconut oil, the comb just glides through my new growth and relaxed ends. I LOVE IT! No detangler needed this way!

Aggie

I have never tried Mane n' Tail detangler but Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier works wonders on my hair. I may however, still give the M & T Detangler a try at some point just for comparison. It can't hurt.