BBD Stretch vs. Aveda DR Treatment

LadyJ76

Hey all,

The PJ queen that I am is really curious about BBD Stretch. I already have the Aveda DR treatment and love it. Are the two similar? I've read the threads on both and it seems that they both can be used as weekly protein treatments and leave-in conditioners. Iv'e just recently starting adding protein products to rotation and already see a difference in the strength and reduced breakage of my hair. I don't want to overdo it though, should I stick with Aveda DR or will I be missing out if I don't incorporate BBD Stretch into my regimine? Please help to quiet the PJ in me. Thanks

Soleado

LadyJ76 said:
Hey all,

The PJ queen that I am is really curious about BBD Stretch. I already have the Aveda DR treatment and love it. Are the two similar? I've read the threads on both and it seems that they both can be used as weekly protein treatments and leave-in conditioners. Iv'e just recently starting adding protein products to rotation and already see a difference in the strength and reduced breakage of my hair. I don't want to overdo it though, should I stick with Aveda DR or will I be missing out if I don't incorporate BBD Stretch into my regimine? Please help to quiet the PJ in me. Thanks

I have both and they are not the same. BBD Stretch is a reconstructor and not a conditioner so that is the main difference. Stretch makes a fabulous leave-in, deep treatment, and can be use on dry hair for styling purposes. Although I think the Aveda is really good too, I cannot use it in the same manner as the stretch.

so1913

Soleado said:
I have both and they are not the same. BBD Stretch is a reconstructor and not a conditioner so that is the main difference. Stretch makes a fabulous leave-in, deep treatment, and can be use on dry hair for styling purposes. Although I think the Aveda is really good too, I cannot use it in the same manner as the stretch.

I've used both and I agree with this analysis. I don't think you can compare the two. I think they each do what they are formulated to do well.

LadyJ76

Soleado said:

Okay, I'm still new to LHCF so excuse my many questions, but what is the difference between a conditioner w/ a high level of protein and a reconstructer? What I am looking for is something to help me stretch between relaxers. This will be my first time stretching and I was hoping that the BBD Stretch would keep my shedding to a minimal and make it easier to deal w/ the two hair textures. I notice that you are natural, does it help to soften and detangle the hair? It sounds like there are many uses for it? Also what is the protein level of the BBD Stretch creme? Thanks alot for your advice.:grin: