AVEDA DR vs. AUBREY ORGANICS GPB

lolo2470

This is my first thread as I am a newbie/lurker. I currently use Aveda DR and have noticed several posts regarding Aubrey GPB and want to know what's the difference between the two.... other than price. The pj in me wants to try Aubrey but before I do..... I would like any comments good or bad.

Are you referring to the entire Aveda DR line (shampoo, conditioner and treatment)? I've been using Aubrey Organics GPB (it's a mild protein conditioner) since 2000, and I love it. However, I haven't been using it as much since I started using Aveda's DR line (shampoo, conditioner and treatment). In my opinion, Aveda's DR line has just the right amount of protein and moisture for my hair. I know one thing. I would never have a need to use both on the same wash day (would probably be protein overload for my hair), and I'd rather be safe than sorry. HTH. :)

Hi Lolo

I use Aubrey Organics about 2x a month as a deep conditioner. I follow the instructions for use on dry hair. I consider it to be a light protein. It helps make my hair very soft, moisturized and I think it has helped with the strength of my strands.

I am sorry I can't do a comparison to Aveda DR since I have never used it. But I do like AO GPB a lot!

Also, for reference -- I am natural 4 a/b and I color too.

Hope this info. helps in some way. Also, not sure if it still available, but if you shop online the 11 oz. GPB was on sale at Drugstore.com for $7.20.

Hi Lolo,

I am currently using both the Aveda DR & GPB. I like both products but I use them differently & never on the same wash day. I use the GPB as a pre poo if im going to deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner like Kenra MC.

When I pre poo with Aubrey's Honey Suckle Rose or another moisture based conditioner, I'll deep condition with Aveda DR conditioner & treatment. I do this about once a month.

I've tried some items both lines and althought they are both very good, for the money's worth I would try Aubrey's first. They have several good products in there line, I only stop using because of PJism. Aubrey's GPB, Honeysuckle Rose are excellent protein and moisturizing conditioners. They made my hair soft.

Back