Beauticians and their BAD ATTITUDES......

Colliecole

So as some of ya’ll may know I'll be getting the BC soon. I called around to some nearby "nappy friendly" salons. Oh My Nappy Hair and one called Nappy or not. BOTH of them, someone answered with a serious attitude. I’m thinking Hello, don’t you want my business??? I’m sorry but I can’t throw myself in some foreign salon where they answer the phone call of a possible customer with a bad tone. You don’t have to be all perky but am I interrupting you, and annoying you that bad?

Can you look past it, and go to a salon when they talk to you like that over the phone? Or does is totally turn you off, and make you think- this lady probably wont give a damn about my hair, and I’ll leave looking jacked up…forget that.

See...I'd have a problem going there. My last stylist was a man, and I never got bad tudes from him. But when I used to go to the sista girl salons it was bad. Don't let your hairdresser be PMSing or mad at her man, you'll leave with bald spots and a tender head :rolleyes:

See...I'd have a problem going there. My last stylist was a man, and I never got bad tudes from him. But when I used to go to the sista girl salons it was bad. Don't let your hairdresser be PMSing or mad at her man, you'll leave with bald spots and a tender head :rolleyes:

:lachen::lachen:OH NO!!! I better stay away so there's no Columbine on my behalf:look:

yeah dont go there :nono:

are male stylist nicer than female stylists??? just wondering since I have heard that alot???

yeah dont go there :nono:

are male stylist nicer than female stylists??? just wondering since I have heard that alot???

Depends...
I have had two who were complete gentlemen.
Then, I have had an male stylist assistant who had lost his rabbit mind. I actually complained to a manager about him.

Unhun. I will leave a salon with an attitude in a hot minute and take my dollas wit me. I should not feel grateful to you for doing a service I paid you to do.

If it's the Oh My Nappy Hair on La Brea then I'd say leave it alone.

My first and last trip there was probably 12-13 years ago and I still remember the receptionist giving me the fish eye when I showed up early for my appointment. Me and ole girl were seriously having one of those looking you up and down moments that happen before you start to scrap. The owner Rosario who said she could cut my hair into layers blunt cut it in a way that made it look crazy as hell curled. And the whole place smelled like incense.......and weed

From what I've read on np, the place hasn't changed much other than to become more expensive.

It's not even worth it. I've been reading your other threads and I know that you're itching to BC soon. But this will be a memorable moment for you and probably be a better experience if you do it at a place where you feel comfortable.

STOP!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

If you get that feeling when they answer the phone, then don't go because most likely the attitude you get on the phone is the one you're going to get in person. If they don't like to do hair, then find another line of work.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has a bad day, but you have to have your on stage face when you go to work and not let your clients or potential clients see the off stage face or attitude for that matter.:nono:

It's their job to always be pleasant and make you want to patronize their business. They are not doing you a favor, you are spending your money for a service. Attitudes like this are are straight up unprofessional. Recently I've had to call a company in regards to a sevice at my house several times. Each time the owner is always polite, helpful with a pleasant tone of voice. These beauticians who are rude know exactly what they are doing, they feel that the client needs them so they don't care.

Back