(((Beautiful))) Natural Inspiration pics

Teva

[ QUOTE ]

The moment I see someone state that they are 3b, 3c, relaxed or texturized, i know my hair will not perform the same as their hair. It is not a negative to say she is texturized, it only provides simple background information (i.e. she is 3c or 4a, etc.) for those of us trying to learn new techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks you make a very good point. I always just assume hair is hair without regard for the hair type or what chemicals are on it.

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
z3000zee said:
she texturizes with a silkener. I am just clarifying because the title of the post said beautiful natural hair and if someone with natural hair follows her routine they may not achieve the same results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for mentioning this. I too have seen her in a magazine showing before and after results of the silkener (texturizer). Her "before" hair was nice as well.

isis1913

<font color="red"> </font> Hello ladies!!!!!

My very good friend Anikalia who posts here gave me the link to this site and to this and another post regarding me - how cool!!! I am a member here but I have not been since I registered :-(
I had some bad experiences on some hairboards so I lurk on some and only answer PMs on most
Anyway, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me or anything... I love helping people with their hair!

Thanks for bigging up my hair you all :)

And I believe someone asked about my hair: I texturize it myself around twice a year when I feel it getting frizzy or not hanging the way I like. I use a mild kiddie perm. I orginally got a silkener at a salone called Curve in Brooklyn. They did a WONDERFUL job but I decided to do it myself (cost effective since they are pretty pricy. Although I go twice a year, thy cost no less than $200 when I go)...

I get trims once a year...

Products I am using now are:

Suave Humectress knockoff shampoo (I shampoo only once a week)
Daily I use Pantene for Relaxed and Natural hair conditioner
Daily sometimes I also use 10 en 1 conditioner from the dominican republic

Out of the shower I add infusium, a lil kiehl's silk groom and Fantasia IC clear gel. I brush with a boars bristle brush back and put it in a ponytail. I rarely wear it down (not long enough for me).

This winter I am getting my hair blown out at a dominican salon around once a week. They set it on very large rollers, then blow it out with a blower and round brush. It comes out VERY silky and I love the change... I get bored with my hair alot.

Oh I color my hair twice a year... Blondish brown highlights double process in the summer and back to auburn highlights and brown in the winter. I actually used the Loreal Expertise this winter and did it myself. It kinda turned red this winter but I like it somewhat... I will get it Beyonce blond this spring/summer :)

I hope this helps!!!!! Again PM if you have any questions and I will check this site more dilegently!

AfroChick

i am thinking i want a silkener now

isis1913

LOL I am NO celebrity LOL! Good to see you all too (SVT :)

Someone asked how long my hair is... Curly it hangs to my chin (it is wedge layered in the back). I am wearing it blown out alot now and it is to my shoulders...

:)!

Zuppy

WOW.. This young lady has A beautiful head of hair!!! The versatility alone has me tripping. And I guess with natural hair you can play with color alot more than with relaxed hair. If my natural hair had curls that defined, national security couldn't stop me from going natural!!