Beefin' on the Board!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen that thread but the hairboard has taken on a particularly nasty and rude tone recently.
There are some particular members who go out of their way to be rude, coarse, nasty and unhelpful. When confronted with their behaviour they feign ignorance! :spinning:

Eastern. If we already have 20 something post @ 230am. just wait till the rest of the board gets to work in the morning.. It'll pick up around 9am, settle down , then get really busy around lunch. OK..OK.. Maybe 1pm Eastern time.

Ok.

Thread termination bets (all times Eastern):

xcuzememiss- 1:00pm
Nice Lady-1:40pm

My question is why everything has to be a debate?

Why does everything have to be over analyzed? Why can't people read before they post?

Why do people have to find an offense with virtually everything?

Why can't people use the search funtcion.

Why do their have to be multiple threads about everything?

Why do we expect new people to read through 20 pages of a thread to find the answer to a specific question?

Why does it seem that there are always people stiring up controversey?

Why do people feel the need to be in the middle of every controversey?

Why?

I totally agree. I couldn't have summed this much better. I think we need to make a list of these consistent offenders.:grin:

I have actually fielded through several posts myself but I am assuming from you have a research background and you are thinking that would be the thing that "everyone should do." Not everyone wants to hit the search button--fielding through stuff. How many posts have we seen on co-washing even from people that have been here for 3 years and this question has been answered? How many posts have we seen asking for recommendations on moisturizing conditioners for 4 a/b? I think because it was a sensitive subject "certain people" took the opportunity to take out their day's frustration.

If a post is so sickening, there is a back and close button, people should use these God(or High Source) inventions.

The only research background I have is from the research I had to do in college. Using google doesn't take a research background. It's fairly easy.

And if people don't want to search then they shouldn't get angry when they only get 2 or 3 replies. I'm not saying they should be ignored just because they're repeating a question, just that they shouldn't be upset about it.

I know I was frustrated with that thread because it didn't matter how much solid information was provided, the poster refused to accept it. That was just annoying.

And you're right, I move right past most of the posts that are repeats because people find it rude when you tell them to search. But when it's a newbie I tend to stop in, welcome them, give them links to answer their question, AND tell them to search. I don't see the problem with that.

Also, if you are really busy and work 17 hours a day or in school, that is too much time. When I first started my hair journey, I went sleepless for 3 days and had to report to work which was horrible and do mental work.

A google search takes 3 seconds. Actually less. If you (general you) are so busy with school/work/family/life, then making a thread and waiting for answers takes more time than doing a search.

And how does one usually find LHCF? Through a search. So I know people know how to do it and have time to do it. If you have time to start and read a thread, then you have time to search.

Last edited:
You are right I think maybe we should set the time limits a little bit more wide: 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. The smackdowns will begin and the comments will be original like "I need to watch my tone." I will be told something about myself inventive.

Okay. So I laughed out loud about that.

I haven't seen that thread but the hairboard has taken on a particularly nasty and rude tone recently.
There are some particular members who go out of their way to be rude, coarse, nasty and unhelpful. When confronted with their behaviour they feign ignorance! :spinning:

True story. It's not that serious folks. There are times when it's easier to just KIM.

But I've seen the behaviour (anglophilic spelling) on every message board that I've been on.

The funny thing is that I have no job, no life or anything. So I'm okay with just sitting on here and laughing about this mess. It gives me an escape from some of the reality that I'm dealing with.

My question is why everything has to be a debate?

Why does everything have to be over analyzed? Why can't people read before they post?

Why do people have to find an offense with virtually everything?

Why can't people use the search funtcion.

Why do their have to be multiple threads about everything?

Why do we expect new people to read through 20 pages of a thread to find the answer to a specific question?

Why does it seem that there are always people stiring up controversey?

Why do people feel the need to be in the middle of every controversey?

Why?

I apologize for my terrible grammar in this post.

I love your signature. You make me want to put on some Wu-Tang!!!!!

The only research background I have is from the research I had to do in college. Using google doesn't take a research background. It's fairly easy.

But when it's a newbie I tend to stop in, welcome them, give them links to answer their question, AND tell them to search. I don't see the problem with that.

A google search takes 3 seconds. Actually less. If you (general you) are so busy with school/work/family/life, then making a thread and waiting for answers takes more time than doing a search.

And how does one usually find LHCF? Through a search. So I know people know how to do it and have time to do it. If you have time to start and read a thread, then you have time to search.

MSA, I am not trying to turn this into the same hair discussion Round Two. We are trying to keep this peaceful. I am not asking you defend yourself for that discussion.

Also, a google search does take 3 seconds but being that you went to college, you know that you have to field through this information in order to find what you want and reach a conclusion.. I can talk because I am a licensed attorney with also an MBA.So fielding through the information is time-consuming.

My point is that everyone has a different preference and there are people asking repetitive questions but not being shot down but others are because people just want to be mean-spirited.

Last edited:
The other thread has been
locked, let's move on
and stop dwelling on the past.

*Hmm
I honestly
think this thread is
only here to stir
controversy.*
:perplexed

Last edited:
Also, a google search does take 3 seconds but being that you went to college, you know that you have to field through this information in order to find what you want. I can talk because I am a licensed attorney with also an MBA. So it takes longer to search if you were in college to hand the teacher a printout (depending on how old you are now) of your google search, you would get an F. You would have to field through the information first and then form your opinion and then write a paper. So fielding through the information is time-consuming.

How is starting a thread faster or more beneficial than doing a search?

When you search, yup you get lots of threads back and sure you have to go through all them to get your answer, but at least you get a wealth of information.

When you start a thread you have to wait for people to answer you, and instead of getting 100 or 200 or 1000 replies (like you would from a google search), you only get 10, or 20, or 50 if you're lucky. I guess getting fewer replies makes it faster, but that doesn't mean you are getting the best answer or all the pertinent information.

I just don't see why doing a search is so much more difficult or time consuming than starting a thread. And I would think people would want to do a search because they would get a larger quantity of helpful information.

ETA: I don't think it's mean spirited to tell someone to do a search. It just makes sense to me.

I just find this hilarious. Not that serious folks. But I do think that stuff has taken a bit of a turn here. It would probably do some good if the entire forum was locked for like 2 days or so to allow a cooling off period. It seems like I've read through a lot of arguing and such lately.

I think that it would do some good to realize that although this is a forum where the point is to voice your opinion, there is a right and a wrong way to do that.

Im so lost..i have not seen this thread yet:dizzy:

But i already knew what to expect when it comes to a black hair board: No light skin topics. No mixed ppl topics. No good hair topics. No Relaxed vs. Natural topics. No stupid question(s) topics.

If you dont know anything about that then you could at least SEARCH your question first before you just jump on the train:nono: Im mean like really.. the search button is free:lachen:

BUTTTTT.. that still doesnt give any excuse to jump on a newbie like that. What does that show for this hair board>>:arguing:<<?? Would you do that to a girl who been here for 5yrs? Probably not, or at least you wouldnt be as HARSH.

ETA: I just read the thread and im not defending this newbie, her question was very rude and she set her self up for that:lachen:

Last edited:
aww man.. not quite sure what thread ya'll was reading. but from what i read plenty of ppl answered her question. and it was her responses that created i guess annoyance among other posters.

and in all honesty her question wasn't really a question about how to take care of her hair. her question was asking if we were a bunch of liars. i mean REALLY?! SRSLY?! you can't be for real. and when she asked that question she had to kno that most ppl here would be offended.

but still... she got a ton of responses from ppl who actually answered her question. so again.. idk what thread ya'll was readin.

I just find this hilarious. Not that serious folks. But I do think that stuff has taken a bit of a turn here. It would probably do some good if the entire forum was locked for like 2 days or so to allow a cooling off period. It seems like I've read through a lot of arguing and such lately.

I think that it would do some good to realize that although this is a forum where the point is to voice your opinion, there is a right and a wrong way to do that.

uh... :look: hell no!! don't be givin the mods any kind of ideas :lachen:

and like you said, its not that srs

I apologize and I am not going to be rude. I don't really care---I am more fun-loving like you guys. I don't care to fight. I just want to know how to get from SL to APL and read motivating stuff or answer someone's questions.

and when she asked that question she had to kno that most ppl here would be offended.

And she did know people would be offended because in her first post she said "I know some of y'all might be mad at this question" or something like that.

How is starting a thread faster or more beneficial than doing a search?

When you search, yup you get lots of threads back and sure you have to go through all them to get your answer, but at least you get a wealth of information.

When you start a thread you have to wait for people to answer you, and instead of getting 100 or 200 or 1000 replies (like you would from a google search), you only get 10, or 20, or 50 if you're lucky. I guess getting fewer replies makes it faster, but that doesn't mean you are getting the best answer or all the pertinent information.

I just don't see why doing a search is so much more difficult or time consuming than starting a thread. And I would think people would want to do a search because they would get a larger quantity of helpful information.

ETA: I don't think it's mean spirited to tell someone to do a search. It just makes sense to me.

Ok. We've heard your point. Its not that serious. What is productive about arguing about how much time it takes a person to search and how many threads there are on a topic? Its all relegated to the ivory tower in practice.

I'm going to say that if everyone brought it down a couple of notches when it comes to stating an opinion, things would go much better.

State an opinion, clarify if needed, and then KIM. We don't need pages of useless debating about what a person should or shouldn't have done. The point is that they didn't.

But i already knew what to expect when it comes to a black hair board: No light skin topics. No mixed ppl topics. No good hair topics. No Relaxed vs. Natural topics. No stupid question(s) topics.

If you dont know anything about that then you could at least SEARCH your question first before you just jump on the train:nono: Im mean like really.. the search button is free:lachen:

BUTTTTT.. that still doesnt give any excuse to jump on a newbie like that. What does that show for this hair board>>:arguing:<<?? Would you do that to a girl who been here for 5yrs? Probably not, or at least you wouldnt be as HARSH.

Since you haven't seen the thread I was going to give you the title and suggest you do a search to find it but apparently that's mean spirited.

ETA: I just read the thread and im not defending this newbie, her question was very rude and she set her self up for that:lachen:

And you know this... that was poetry. The whole lot.

Ok. We've heard your point. Its not that serious. What is productive about arguing about how much time it takes a person to search and how many threads there are on a topic? Its all relegated to the ivory tower in practice.

I'm going to say that if everyone brought it down a couple of notches when it comes to stating an opinion, things would go much better.

State an opinion, clarify if needed, and then KIM. We don't need pages of useless debating about what a person should or shouldn't have done. The point is that they didn't.

1) I'm not arguing.

2) It's a discussion board. I'm participating in a discussion. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

3)I wasn't having the discussion by myself so I hope you direct your comments to other posters as well.

And she did know people would be offended because in her first post she said "I know some of y'all might be mad at this question" or something like that.

exactly, she knew what she was doing so im kind of surprised by anyone who is shocked about how things went down. actually i was more surprised at how helpful most ppl were if anything.

I'm not gonna say ppl need to research the board. . .although it would be smart to research anything before you just jump in it. But I do wish ppl would stop acting like they don't already know the deal.

Actions usually mirror each other. You ask a dumb question, you will probably get a dumb response. You ask a thought provoking question, you'll probably get an answer someone thought about for awhile.

It's common sense. And certain things are just controversial anyway. . .like race, ethnicity, skin color, etc. and it's correlation to a particular desired characteristic.

If I made a thread and asked if ppl who weighed less than 160 lbs get faster hair growth than those more than that, even if the question was based on some scientific finding, I guarantee a lot of ppl would be aggressively debating me on that. DUH!

IRL if you asked some of the same stuff some ppl have asked on here, they would get the same kind of responses. There will always be a debate b/c we all aren't gonna agree on everything.

Last edited:
Since you haven't seen the thread I was going to give you the title and suggest you do a search to find it but apparently that's mean spirited.

Yes i just did, i think she knew what she was doing...and she OBVIOUSLY knew ppl were going to be upset:ohwell: I've read the first page and all the answers were nice..i dont think i want to read the rest because honestly i would have slapped her with my denman brush:rolleyes:

I will not even respond to sarcasm that is unnecessary. I am not bitter and don't entertain conversations with bitter people unless it is a client I am representing. So at this point, I will not respond to confrontations from people that just want an argument. Have a nice day, babe!

1) I'm not arguing.

2) It's a discussion board. I'm participating in a discussion. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

3)I wasn't having the discussion by myself so I hope you direct your comments to other posters as well.

just sayin'. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back