Best leave in conditioners for natural hair

Ms Lala

I am in need of a good creamy leave in conditioner that will help detangle and also moisturize my hair. It seems like most leave ins I've tried in the past were real watery and didn't do much. Any suggestions?
I am 4a/b natural.

Nice & Wavy

Ms Lala said:
I am in need of a good creamy leave in conditioner that will help detangle and also moisturize my hair. It seems like most leave ins I've tried in the past were real watery and didn't do much. Any suggestions?
I am 4a/b natural.

I use Elucence conditioner (also a leave-in) mixed with Giovanni leave-in. The two together for me is awesome!

scorpian

I purchased it from a local ULTA salon. It can also be found at a lot of online stores but I've never purchased it online.I've had the same bottle for over a year you only need to use a dime size amount and you can use it as a body moisturizer like lotion

camellia

Nexxus Humectress is the best conditioner I've ever used. I use a tiny amount on my hair as a leave conditioner followed by avocado butter.

brownsugarflyygirl

Nice & Wavy said:
I use Elucence conditioner (also a leave-in) mixed with Giovanni leave-in. The two together for me is awesome!

I have done this before with good results....but now I just use the Giovanni Direct. It works great for me. I am trying to eliminate unnecessary steps and products in my regimen.

Candiss

organic kids shea butter detangler is really good. It works really well when you use it before bed, tie your hair up and the next morning, hiar is really soft.

PaperClip

I like the Giovanni Direct Vitapro (spray/liquid) and I was advised to dilute it a lot because it has so many oils in it and my hair doesn't do oils directly well...using it daily without diluting it made my hair very hard. I think the proteins in it made my hair hard as well.

I also like Beauty Without Cruelty's leave-in as well. It's a creamy leave in.

Qetesh

i have been using the carrot oil ceam moisterizer which works well, but i might buy some of the Giovonni to use as a leave in as well.

(yes i am turning into a PJ)

keluric

SaLerm21 is a really good leave-in, IMO. I also like Doo Gro Triple Strength Detangler.. great stuff!

Ms Lala

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try a few of these!!!! There goes my extra money :perplexed .
Qetesh your pressed hair looks good. Do you do it yourself? I am thinking about straightening mine for Christmas.
Keluric- Love the puff!
Candiss- Does the shea butter detangler really make it easier to comb thru the hair? I need something that will help detangle better my hair is thick.

Last edited:

JustKiya

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oyin's Honey Hemp conditioner as a leave in - it's fabulous and it smells SOOO good, and leaves my hair soooft and tender.
I've started using Nexxus Humectress as a leave-in as well, and - honestly I'm torn. I don't know which one is better....

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
camellia said:
Nexxus Humectress is the best conditioner I've ever used. I use a tiny amount on my hair as a leave conditioner followed by avocado butter.

I use avocado butter, and LOVE it!

mkstar826

supersonic
kids organics shea butter detangling moisturizing lotion - makes combing A LOT easier but if you get it be careful not to be too heavy handed w/ it b/c it can get greasy. it's really good though.

P

patient1

Ashas Silk Rose made an excellent detangler. Diluted daily doctor is also a good moisturizer/detangler in a pinch.

Seconding Honey Hemp. Some folks find it too light but I love the smell, consistency, lightness.

Jamaican Mango and Lime Cactus Leave-in is good if you kick it up a notch with some oil and such.

Hair Milk from CD would have been great if the smell wasn't so overpowering and nauseating. Can be oily if not shaken up well. I don't know why they don't over it either scentless or smelling good.

There are others aplenty!

p1

p1

P

patient1

Qetesh said:
(yes i am turning into a PJ)

We welcome you with open arms. :p PJs can never simultaneously be Crackheads! One habit at a time.

p1

gloomgeisha

I like Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as a leave in and detangler. Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Repair Creme is also really good when used lightly.

Ms Lala

gloomgeisha said:
I like Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as a leave in and detangler. Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Repair Creme is also really good when used lightly.

Does the protein affect your hair negatively at all?
Thanks for all of the recommendations. I don't know which conditioner to try first, I wasn't expecting this many responses. :)

Lucia

camellia said:
Avocado butter is the best, thanks for the tip Camellia. :D
I use some Paul Mitchell the conditioner then avocado or shea butter.

Candiss

Ms Lala said:
Thanks everyone! I'm going to try a few of these!!!! There goes my extra money :perplexed .
Qetesh your pressed hair looks good. Do you do it yourself? I am thinking about straightening mine for Christmas.
Keluric- Love the puff!
Candiss- Does the shea butter detangler really make it easier to comb thru the hair? I need something that will help detangle better my hair is thick.
I just started using it last week and so far it works really well when I use it on my dry hair at night. I put it one my hair, but my hair is sectioned off first instead of just applying it to my entire head at once. Then I make 6 or 7 huge twist and wear my scarf. My hair is not very thick but I would be hard for me to manage my hair if I did not section it off first and then apply detangler. Now when I wash my hair in the shower, the BEST dentangler I have tried is the generic Cetaphil skin cleanser from Walgreens. This stuff has amazing slip and the comb goes straight through but I don't use it day to day. This is the best discovery I have ever made for MY hair.:)

SEMO

I've recently been using Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine leave-in conditioning cream. It's really creamy, but not heavy, and it does a good job of keeping my hair moist and soft. Plus it only costs $3-$4 dollars at Walgreens or Walmart.

Tip: It can be used on the hair everyday wet or dry, but I found it works best on damp hair (from a fresh wash or re-wetting the hair some in the morning).

angellazette

I like Elucence Moisture Balance. Oyin's Honey Hemp is good too but I always follow up with a moisturizer with this one.

Ms Lala

SEMO said:
I've recently been using Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine leave-in conditioning cream. It's really creamy, but not heavy, and it does a good job of keeping my hair moist and soft. Plus it only costs $3-$4 dollars at Walgreens or Walmart.

Tip: It can be used on the hair everyday wet or dry, but I found it works best on damp hair (from a fresh wash or re-wetting the hair some in the morning).

That is right in my price range!!!:)

Namilani

Any of these ya'll recommend for a 2 1/2 year old? My baby's still got the beautiful my aunt messed up of mine for pre-school graduation, so I wanna keep my Talia's hair nice! TIA!! My "mother in law" (just b/c she happens to have beautiful relaxed bsl thinks she knows every dern thing) insists grease is moisturizing :eek: ??!!

Country gal

Ms Lala said:
I am 4a/b natural.

Giovanni Leave In Conditioner

Kiehl's leave in conditioner

lamaria211

I just ordered 2 bottles of this BWC leave in conditioner i have the moisture plus deep conditioner which i love and i just saw some good reviews about the leave in on youtube
BWC087_id.jpg