Leave-in conditioners?

cafe au lait

Is there a leave-in conditioner that you can apply on dry hair? (not wet or washed) I am asking because all of my leave-in conditioners says to apply on wet or damp hair (even the watery one) does that mean they won't work on dried hair? I only wash my hair 4 times a week and on the days I don't wash I still apply them. Is that fruitless? If so, can anyone recommend a leave-in conditioner I can use on dried hair? TIA

Ashee

I'm not sure but I do know that Mango Butter & Pure Shea Butter both help to moisturize...
Along with Scrul...

If anything you can lightly spritz on some water or Rose Water & water to allow for a slight wetness before you add on the leave-in... This way your hair isn't soaking wet & barely damp but you can still put on the leave-in...

I sometimes use my Humectress with my Scurl...
:)
-HTH

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
cafe au lait said:
Is there a leave-in conditioner that you can apply on dry hair? (not wet or washed) I am asking because all of my leave-in conditioners says to apply on wet or damp hair (even the watery one) does that mean they won't work on dried hair? I only wash my hair 4 times a week and on the days I don't wash I still apply them. Is that fruitless? If so, can anyone recommend a leave-in conditioner I can use on dried hair? TIA

We never use the product the way they say on the bottles! :grin: Go on, give it a try...

Most leave-ins can be used daily. They just don't work well on my dry hair though.. My staple is Salerm 21 after washing. I've also tried NTM Silk Touch and Salerm on dry and they both just left my hair feeling coated and not moist. I've also used SheaMoisture Leave-in cond. but it works better for me as a daily moisturizer versus an after wash leave-in. ORS has that watery leave-in that did absolutely NOTHING for my hair, wet; never tried it on dry though.

I've also heard of ladies using the Elasta QP H-two on dry as well as wet hair

What are you using?

L

lkg4healthyhair

I use NTM leave-in on my dry hair everyday :D it makes it very soft and lays nicely into place (bun style)..I LOVE IT!!!!

This weekend I had curls and it was looking a little dry so I put the NTM throughout my hair. It moisturized it without messing with my curls, and I ran it thru my hair from root ends.

vangrey

i use salerm 21 and ntm leave-in on dry hair... i apply it before i do my braidouts and they keep my hair moist and soft.

cocopuff

I have used Lacio Lacio on my dry hair nad it worked pretty good. I also used Aveda Elixir Leave-On Conditioner on my dry and it works good as well. I have also used the SheaMoisture Leave-In that somebody else mentioned on my dry hair and it works so-so, I have blowdried my hair using htis and had better results. So far, the Lacio Lacio and Elixir work best for me when using a Leave-In Conditioner on dry hair.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
NTM is one of my favs. I also use Loreal' Vive Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Leave-in Condioner. This stuff is awesome! :D My hair is smooth, soft, and manageable in no time!

baglady215

TigerLily said:
I use Fantasia IC leave in w/aloe on my dry hair. Love it! It can be used daily, too

Oooo, I have this but have never used it on dry hair. I love it on wet hair. I'ma have to try that!

Dolapo

ive tried lacio lacio, NTM silk touch and headress on dry hair and they left my hair feeling coated. ima try sebatian potion 9

cafe au lait

Thanks ladies for all your responses.
I am currently using the aveda elixir, PM the conditioner, and sometimes african pride mixed with a little humectress.
I was a little confused as the aveda, PM and african pride bottles all instructed to use on wet /damp hair.
I also use WGO 3 time a week.

Mizani_Mrs

There is a pantene detangler & leave-in that says you can apply it to dry hair. I just bought it...it detangles pretty well.

miracle

Mane n' Tail Leave-In Hair Strengthener can be used daily. Doesn't build up on the hair or leave a "tacky" feeling.