Best & most gentle way to clarify?

nakialovesshoes

Hello ladies. I'm somewhat of a :newbie: & I need some advice. I've tried V05 clarifying shampoo & I've tried the ACV rinse and I didn't like the way my hair felt after either. Maybe this is the norm when you clarify - I'm not sure. However I would like to know - -in your opinion, what is the best/most gentle way to clarify? Thanks for helping a newbie out. :grin:

I add some porosity control shampoo to my diluted clarifying shampoo and I don't get the hard, dry, stripped feeling anymore when I clarify. Never tried the baking soda, but the acv doesn't work for me either.

When I clarify, I always follow w/a 2nd lather of moisturizing poo (usually CON) to add moisture and detangling properties. Also I dilute my poo w/water in a separate bottle. My hair never feels stripped this way.

Okay bare with me b/c I'm a newbie. I keep seeing "porosity control" & prior to LHCF I'd never heard of it. Is it a brand name or a type of shampoo? Where do I find it? Thanks...

I add some porosity control shampoo to my diluted clarifying shampoo and I don't get the hard, dry, stripped feeling anymore when I clarify. Never tried the baking soda, but the acv doesn't work for me either.

Aubrey Organics has a wonderful green tea neutralizing shampoo. Not too stripping at all. You can usually pick it up at whole foods.

I love the Design Essentials Organic Cleanse. It is great. My hair doesn't feel stripped and dry after. I always follow with a serious deep conditioning, though. :yep:

Nexxus Aloe Rid is the best clarifying shampoo I've used. My hair feels clean, and it responds well to conditioning afterwards.

Back