Best relaxers for fine hair?

CICI24

what are some of the better relaxers for fine hair? I'm trying to make up my mind way before my next touch-up just in case something is recommended that I have to order. So far the only relaxer I have used has been optimium lye in mild. I want something gentle but effective at straightening my hair my hair is a little underprocessed from my last touch-up with optimum. how is PCJ with nutrientsheen no base? and Dudley's? which is the better of the 2?

CICI

I have not used the dudley's, but the PCJ is effective but gentle and more readily available. I am now using revlon mild and i love it, I think this is a stronger relaxer. The hair that has been relaxed with the revlon is soo easily to manage and has remained " fresh relaxer straight" The on;ly other relaxer i may consider using (if the revlon causes any problems) is the PCJ. I consider optimum strong also, i wonder why it didn't properly straighten your hair? Was it professionally applied, how long did you leave it on?

CICI24

I have fine hair and I am tenderheaded. I am currently using Mizani Sensitive Scalp or Affirm. They are both applied at J C Penney Salon. I am currently growing my relaxer out.

I'm using Vitale w/Aloe in (reg) strength. My hair is responding pretty good to it. I've been looking for a relaxer that I could fall in love w/ but at this point I'm not sure if I found it yet. I went months and months being underprocessed and switching relaxer to relaxer, but I've been using the Vitale for the longest.

I used just-for-me no lye (yes, the kiddy perm) and it works just great, no burn and no dryness, silky hair too but that might be due to my vinegar rinse. Anyone in love with acv? I have a long list of things you could do with acv. That thing is never going to be scarce in my home ... try cleaning your mirrors with it, mix with honey and cold water for a refreshing drink, deodorize with it and the list goes on

I use Motion w. oil mild which is very gentle but if you want bone straight hair, this relaxer is not the one.

I am using Mizani Sensitive Scalp relaxer and I love it.
I was using Vitale before joining hair board perfer Mizani.

CICI,

I'm transitioning right now, but when I was relaxing, I LOVED PCJ Gentle Treatment with Nutri Sheen. It's lye, but very gentle, and very effective at relaxing my fine hair. PCJ has quite a few relaxers, so if you decide to go with this one, it's in a pink box with an oldschool picture of a woman and a young girl on the front. I used to switch between "Just for Me" and "Beautiful Beginnings," but I found the PCJ to be less drying, and it straightened my hair very well. Good luck choosing!
smile.gif

I have experimented with a variation of relaxers. I find that the PCJ w/ nutrient sheen works well for me... I use the adult formula because it is no-lye. My hair looks and feel very healthy.

I have fine hair. I used to use Kids Just for Me Mild. Now I use what my hairdresser used religiously on my hair: Affirm Mild with the 5 n 1 Reconstructor for fine limp hair.

bump

This thread is really helpful because my sis' hair is constantly underprocessed at the salon... or overprocessed if they are applying the relaxer over the already-relaxed hair.

Back