Relaxers for3c/4a fine hair??

Missi

Relaxers for 3c/4a fine hair??

I have 3c/4a fine hair and I currently use Motions: Salon Herbal Relaxer in mild (lye). I hear that no-lye is better and that hair is more shiny, bouncy, and healthier lookin better w/ no-lye: doesn't anyone have any suggestions? I also prefer mild: i think regular is too strong for me but if u kno a regular relaxer thats really gentle thats good too.

Last edited:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
That would be me. Listen, Motions relaxer ate my hair up years ago and forced me to go natural. I think it's too harsh for my hair. Instead I finally found a relaxer that I love: ORS Lye for fine/medium texture. It's terrific. Do a search. There are several threads about it.

I think from now on, I will make sure not to relax bone straight. But even though I mistakingly did, my hair is still getting thicker at only 3.5 weeks post relaxer.

In addition my hair is not dry and dull as I found with No Lye relaxers. It's also not limp and lifeless.

This is just my suggestion.

The other fine-haired ladies should chime in... ;)

Missi

That would be me. Listen, Motions relaxer ate my hair up years ago and forced me to go natural. I think it's too harsh for my hair. Instead I finally found a relaxer that I love: ORS Lye for fine/medium texture. It's terrific. Do a search. There are several threads about it.

I think from now on, I will make sure not to relax bone straight. But even though I mistakingly did, my hair is still getting thicker at only 3.5 weeks post relaxer.

In addition my hair is not dry and dull as I found with No Lye relaxers. It's also not limp and lifeless.

This is just my suggestion.

The other fine-haired ladies should chime in... ;)
Motions never gave me any problems but I hear no-lye and ORS is better for the hair: My hair feels limp: it looks limp in my photos: and it can't hold in any style: ponytail, bun, etc wen my hair is straightened: I love how its get my hair run fingers thru ur hair straight but the performance of my hair sucks. so i'll bump for more opinions

BUMPING..........

neonbright

I love no lye, but hated ORS no lye. My hair was under process, textlax and it was mushy, the same happened with my mom.

I used Proclaim no lye for years until I got a new stylist and she uses a shea butter no lye relaxer and I love it.

Empress Yahudah

I have fine strands... i use Elasta QP mild lye my last retouch and I loved it .. it got my hair straight but not bone straight ..had body and fullness.. my hair is stil bouncy and has shine... it didnt burn my scalp at all and i only based my hair line and kept it in the full time.
I was under the inpression that no lye is drying to the hair

Missi

I have fine strands... i use Elasta QP mild lye my last retouch and I loved it .. it got my hair straight but not bone straight ..had body and fullness.. my hair is stil bouncy and has shine... it didnt burn my scalp at all and i only based my hair line and kept it in the full time.
I was under the inpression that no lye is drying to the hair

I thought no-lye was good for my hair cause I thought I was using no-lye but I wanna: my hair is limp and it doesn't hold those bumped ends after u take down a wrap...:eek:... (i know)...

do the bumpy bump uh do the bumpy bump :band: :band2: